Episode Fifteen

Episode 15

My face flares red.

"C-Christy!"

This time, the red head burst out in laughter, covering her face with one of her palms.

"I've known you since we were kids, Jules. So just spill it."

A sigh rolls off my lips as her laughter slowly dies off and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I don't really know.."

She cocks up one eyebrow, "What is that suppose to mean?"

I shrug. I didn't know what I was talking about myself, anyway. How could I possibly explain it to Christy?

"I liked Jax in the beginning of the year,"

She coos teasingly, "And now?"

"Damn, Christy. You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Oh course, it's not everyday that there's gossip and romantic problems stirring on castle grounds. I'm gonna enjoy it while I can." She said, oh-so shamelessly, making me giggle a bit.

"Okay, keep going with your weird love complex."

"Uh, I think I still like Jax. - But then, there's Davie."

"Wow, you player."

"I know. So anyways, I've been in this problem since last month and it's really distracting."

"I can see how. Are they your close friends?"

"Yeah."

"And the two of them are best friends?"

"'Best bros'. Yeah, I have no idea."

"Wow. So how about your other new friends?"

"Well, Nova and Davie have a really big house in Mineville, apparently. And Amy is a total sports jock. I swear, she can carry five elderly men on her back including a large dog while running on a treadmill."

----

On the last few days of winter break, I made sure I said my farewells and adieus to all of my friends and family. I was packed and ready to return to the school. I missed the other guys anyways.

But, on the day of my departure from my town, I was called back into the kingdom grounds.

My guards met me at the dock where I was waiting for the ship to arrive. I was confused when they started to escort me back to my home and when I would ask them what they needed, they would barely look me in the eyes. They didn't even respond.

The loud steps of their heavy armor clanking against the stone walkway slowed as we arrived at the main door. Then, Christy came through the large door, her face darkened.

"Christy? What happened?"

"Juliet, please come with me." Her voice had no swing or tone whatsoever, hushed monotonously. It gave me bumps down the skin of my arms.

She walked at a hurriedly pace and I almost had trouble keeping up as she practically flew up the steps of the stairs.

She stops in front of the familiar door, turning on her heels to met her eyes with my own.

And the moment I looked into her eyes, I already knew.

It was dead quiet as I stared at her with disbelief, the ringing in my ears increasing. The noise of the staffs' commotion behind the closed door and muffled voices drowned out. My mind felt numb and it seemed like nothing was processing correctly.

And then Christy opens the door to the dim room. The room which had three other people surrounding my mother's bed.

My vision starts to blur and fade dark as the room falls in silence. Everything's quiet. Everyone's quiet.

I didn't want to recognize the still body on the bed as my mother's. But it was.

I saw her eyes closed in such a relaxed manner than I have ever seen them, her lips slightly parted and I still thought about how beautiful she looked.

She wasn't reacting to me. She wouldn't open her eyes to reveal those sparklingly pale blue eyes that had raised me. She would never be able to open them again. And as I approached the bed, there was no doubt of it.

The sickness had taken her life.

My mother is dead.

The Queen is dead.

And I've become Queen.

-----

Hey, it's XaphMD.

Garmaurules_18 is currently busy at the moment for the coming week, so our posting may be delayed.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! See you in our next one !