Chapter 10

Camila's POV

It had been 1 week since that horrible last conversation with Lauren.

Sadly, Austin didn't stay true to his words.

The first two days were great. I actually saw him change and make time for me.

Now we're back to the awkward silence. The ignoring. The 2 sentenced conversations. The being in a relationship with a ghost feeling.

I hadn't heard from Lauren at all. I'll never forget the look in Lauren's eyes when she told me to be with him.

What really broke my heart, was that Lauren didn't hint that she had any feelings for me. All I really understood from her was that she wanted the affair to continue, for the sex. I was just silently wishing she'd tell me that she wanted to be with me. That I belonged with her and not Austin. That there was a lot more to us than just sex. That she had feelings for me.

I also had no idea that she felt like she was my plan B. When really, Lauren was the only plan I could ever want and need.

Now, I had really lost it all.

I missed Lauren's voice. I missed her laugh. I missed her smile. I missed her inappropriate texts. I missed her stupid jokes. I missed her touch. I missed everything.

I was constantly trying to convince myself that she was with other girls. That me putting an end to our affair didn't hurt her.

As I was walking into work, I saw Dinah give me a sad smile.

"What's wrong Mila?" She asked me.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I told her.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Yeah right, what is it?" She said.

"I just... I miss her" I said as my eyes started tearing up.

"Aww come here Mila" she said as she pulled me in for a hug.

I just wanted one thing.

What I really wanted..

I wanted Lauren to want me the same way I wanted her.