❖ Chapter Thirty ❖

Healing Gabriel: Chapter Thirty

                                 ※(*)Gabriel's POV(*)

        I watched the girls' volleyball game with heavy-lidded eyes from the sidelines as the team got into their positions. Each of them were clad in matching uniforms that consisted of green sleeveless tops and tight black spandex shorts that worked wonders for their figures. In the front center of the females, with knees bent slightly, arms out, waiting to bump the soon-to-be-served volleyball, was Alana. At first, I didn't think it was her because I couldn't believe how comfortable she looked. Those shorts . . . they really did show off a lot of leg and thigh. How could she be so okay with it? If it was me, I'd be mortified.

        We really were two different people, huh?

        I struggled to keep my eyes open and fought back a yawn as the server on Alana's side served the ball. A girl from the opposing team bumped it over the net. Alana quickly took action, spiking the ball back over the net so powerfully the other team didn't stand a chance. She'd scored the first point. The medium-sized crowd around us clapped and few cheered. Evan did both actions whereas I only took part in the former. Axel, on the other hand, took it to another level. He literally let out a loud whoop that consisted of her name, throwing his fist in the air as he rocketed out of his seat.

       "Dude, it's volleyball, not football," Evan reminded him when a few people from the crowd turned to glance at us. Since last Sunday, his voice had gotten rather scratchy and soft, sounding as if he was losing his voice. It worried me, but I rarely pressed the subject, for I knew how aggravated he got whenever someone, no longer only myself but multiple people from our classes, brought it up.

       "Heh, oh yeah, oops. Sorry," Axel apologized to the people around us in a quieter voice, sitting back down as the game continued. "Dude, do you see how fine Alana looks in those shorts?" he asked after a moment. "Like, damn. She's got such a sweet ass to fill them out. She's perfect."

       "How do you think she'd react if she knew you were talking about her butt in such a manor?" Evan replied.

       "Oh, come on, dude. Look at her and tell me that she doesn't have the least bit of a curve to her."

        I watched as Evan looked away from Axel and instead at Alana. Why were they checking her out? We were supposed to be watching the game, not looking at the volleyball players' bottoms. I felt myself grow slightly uncomfortable with the two watching and talking about her like that. I know that that was what guys did, teenaged ones especially, but it just made me feel like I was being scrutinized all over again.

      " . . . beautiful little thing, that's exactly what he is. But we can't have that, can we? Don't want the little whore to get anymore cocky than he is. It's such a shame, though. He's got quite the figure for a boy, a young one at that. Too bad he won't be getting enough food to keep it. Fat little fuck needs to lose weight anyway, isn't that right, Blondie?"  The lime of his eyes shone brightly as he searched my body hungrily up and down.

      I couldn't reply, my mouth gagged and my hands tied behind my back. He walked closer to me, smirking.

      "Just look at you," he grumbled, painfully pulling at the little bit of excess skin covering my stomach, pinching it hard enough between his thumb and forefinger's nails to puncture through it. The sting of the pain made me let out a muffled cry, the feeling of the trailing blood seeping down my stomach far too familiar to forget.