❖ Chapter Ten ❖

Healing Gabriel: Chapter Ten

                                                             (*)Gabriel's POV(*)

      "So, Gabriel. Do you take any interest to sports? Preferably football?" The sound of Axel's voice directed towards me took me out of my daze. I looked up from my lap. The first thing I saw was his blue-green eyes waiting anxiously for an answer. I looked away from him.

      "No," I said in a quiet voice.

      "Oh. Well, then...what about baseball?" I shook my head, no. "Basketball?" Another shake of my head. "Tennis? Soccer? Rugby?" I gave a negative shake of my head at each sport he listed. After he listed about twenty more or so other sports, some I didn't even know existed, he let out his breath. "Then what do you like?"

      "Art," I said simply.

      He laughed. "Art? Damn, bro, that doesn't get anyone, anywhere in life." I resisted the urge to correct him from his comment. I mean, there are plenty of artists out there. Many of them looted with more dollars than he could count up to. But, I reminded myself to be civil with Axel. Though he was a bit of an idiot, he meant well.

      "He's just jealous because he can't even paint a picture of a triangle," said Alana, nudging me with her elbow, hiding her smirk behind a half-eaten red apple. The two of them began to playfully argue, laughing and throwing fake insults at each other.

      "So, we're gonna go to a party next week at Axel's place, you in?" I heard Donovan ask Evan, who was sitting besides me. I saw Evan shrug out of the corner of my eye. "You can bring your girlfriend," Donovan said, smirking, shooting a glance at me. I furrowed my brows and pursed my lips a bit.

      "Last time I checked, Gabe didn't go into the woman's restroom, unlike you," Evan replied. He tried to sound like he was joking, but I sensed a hint of warning in his voice.

      "Not my fault girls won't go into the dudes' bathroom." Jurnee glared at him, but returned back to fixing her make up in a compact mirror. "Anyways, back on topic, you coming with us or what?"

       "Umm..." I knew his eyes were locked on the side of my face. I turned my head towards him, then shook my head, indicating that I wasn't going with him. His lips formed a small pout, making my heart ache for some odd reason. I turned back to looking at the lunch table, finding the white top of it very interesting. "Nah, I'm good. I've got homework to do," I heard Evan say to Donovan. I arched an eyebrow.

       Donovan scoffed. "What? Are you for real? Come on, bro. You haven't gone out with the rest of us since the beach, back in, like, November or something." I felt Evan's eyes glare at the side of my head, making my cheeks heat up a little. We both know why he hadn't gone to any outings lately.

       "Yeah, whatever. I'll go to the next one," Evan said, shrugging. Donovan shook his head, muttered a, 'whatever, dude,' and returned back to kissing Jurnee. Was it always their job to make everything so uncomfortable? The way they kissed each other made my stomach churn. They made kissing look gross. I thought a kiss was a simple peck or two on the lips, not freaking eating each other's mouths off.

        "Anti-public affection, much?" Evan asked me. I nodded. "But what about us? You're gonna have to kiss me in public someday."

        "But we're not dating," I said. He was silent for a few seconds, until I heard him mumble something like 'yet'.