Chapter 6.

I... I...” I didn’t even know what to say. Should I’ve told him it was Ian? No. He seemed so angry right now and if I told him it was Ian, he might’ve gone to wherever it was that Ian was at and punch him straight in the face. I didn’t want that to happen. Besides, what was the big deal with me calling him by his first name?

“Tell me!” He insisted.

“I didn’t come here to talk about your name. I came here for a reason and if you’re not going to hear me, fine, then I’m out. You’re going to find out about it anyway,” I said, standing still and I turned around heading to the door that lead me out of the cafeteria, but he grabbed me by my elbow.

“No,” he said.

“No, what?” I asked him.

“You’re not moving from here until you tell me who told you my name is Harry.”

“No one,” I lied.

“Then how did you find out?” He asked.

I needed to find the perfect lie.

“I... I saw it on the teacher’s list,” I lied proudly.                 

“Liar,” he said.

“I’m not lying, but if you don’t want to believe me, fine, I don’t care. Goodbye,” I said and start walking out again.

“Wait!” He yelled at me.

“What do you want?” I asked as harshly as he had done a few minutes ago.

“What was it that you needed to tell me?”

“Oh, about that... I am going to be your English tutor.” I smiled and winked at him, knowing that the news were horrible for him. I turned around not looking back as I got out of the cafeteria, but just when I was about to leave I turned around once again just to see that Harry was still standing there just looking at me with a mixture of confusion and anger. “Oh and just for the record, we start on Thursday.” I turned around finally walking out and proud of me for leaving him with his mouth shut. The problem was that I still had no books to choose from, I’d have to tell the teacher to give them to me tomorrow.

When I was about to enter to the classroom, the teacher asked for the excuse for getting late and I just lied and told him I got lost. He just smiled and let me in. I guessed that was one of the perks of being new.

History was so boring; honestly, they were just talking about the industrial revolution. And guess what? I already knew everything about it, so there was no point on me paying attention.

“Miss Jones!” The teacher said startling me.

“Yes?” I asked.

“How about you answer the question?”

“Um... Can you repeat it, please?”

“No. Next time pay attention to what I’m saying. I’m not the kind of teacher who repeats everything he says just because one student is in her own little stupid world thinking about irrelevant stuff.” What the fuck?

What was wrong with that teacher? Like, I had just asked him to repeat a simple question that I might already have known and he scolded me? I wanted to go back to America as soon as possible!

“I’m sorry,” I said.

“Okay, let’s go back to what we were talking about, during the revolution James Watt...” And I was lost in my ‘own little stupid world’ again, still thinking in which books was Mr Parker going to suggest, I hoped are really boring books just to bother Harry. No. I didn’t hope they were boring because I’d have to read them with him. I couldn’t believe it was my first day here and the teachers were already asking me horrible favours and I, as always, was accepting them. As I was lost in my own thoughts the bell rang announcing the end of the last period of class. Time to go home, yay! This day had felt incredibly long for me, seriously.

As I was in the parking lot, I spotted Dad’s car and quickly approached.

“Hey, Dad,” I greeted him.

“Hi, honey, how was your day?” He asked.

“Exhausting,” I responded honestly.

“But was it good?”

“Well, I have to be the tutor of this guy…”

 “That’s great!” My Dad cut me off.

“Yeah…” I faked the best smile possible. The rest of the drive home was quiet, but it was not an awkward silence, though.

When my Dad pulled up in front of our house I grabbed my keys and quickly opened the door, once it was open I went directly upstairs. I needed to think about what I was going to do with these plain white walls, this room needed some colour. I lied on bed and started thinking about possible colours for it and all of the sudden my thoughts changed and I found myself thinking about how horrible those tutoring days were going to be; having to handle all of Harry’s behaviour was not going to be easy at all. If I had just met him today and I couldn’t handle him anymore I didn’t want to think about people who had met him years and years ago. His parents, oh my God, poor them! I knew he didn’t like me already and guess what? I felt the same way about him. He was just so stubborn and annoying and mean and irresponsible and ugh! I couldn’t believe I had agreed to do Mr Parker that favour. I was such an idiot, I truly was. Smart people don’t agree to do favours that are going to destroy their lives… Okay, I might have been being a little exaggerated but the idea of helping Harry to read made me nauseous. I knew he would hate it and I knew I would, too.

As today had been so exhausting being my first day and getting to know all the school, I decided to take a little nap.   My alarm went off and I couldn’t believe that little nap had become a total deep sleep. Tuesday. Great! The week was almost over… Okay, I knew it wasn’t, and I didn’t even want it to end because on Thursday I would have to be Harry’s tutor, talking about being tutor and stuff, I needed to ask Mr Parker for those books and I couldn’t forget about it, it had to be today so I had time to choose the books. Man, I loved reading; I couldn’t believe Harry had said it was boring… Well, I did know he had never opened one, and that just made him so stupid, to be honest. I did my daily morning routine, which meant, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, brushing my hair, putting a little makeup on, etc. I went downstairs and greeted my parents, today I didn’t feel too hungry so I just ate some cereal with milk, when I was done with my delicious cornflakes I went upstairs once again to brush my teeth… again.

The car didn’t want to start… Great! Now I would have to go walking to school and get there late and all sweaty and ugly. My Mom had already left for work with her car so that just left my dad and me, he told me he was going to take the bus as his work wasn’t that close to home as my school was, although he told me to be careful because I was new in here and I could get lost, which I was sure I would.

 “Bye, honey.” My dad kissed my forehead. “Have a great day and remember to be careful,” he warned. I said goodbye to him, too and wished him a good day before walking on the opposite direction as him. Here we go! I did remember some of the way I had to go in to finally go to school, but I honestly didn’t remember most of it and it scared me. It scared me to get lost, it scared me to embarrass myself, It scared me to get late to school. This town scared me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guyssss, sorry for such a short chapter but I really hope you enjoy ittttttt <3 Comment and vote!!

-Ana xx