Love Letter Part 2 (Koova)

"James-

       I don't even know how I'm going to start this. I remember how you wrote me that love letter months ago and I wanted to try to do the same for you. I'm not near as stupid as I sometimes pretend to be, but right now I honestly feel like it. I know you're going to find all this paper wadded up in our bedroom because I've done this so many times already. Just....keep reading until the end.

      James, you know how I feel about you, and you know how much I love you. This last year with you has been more than I ever thought possible. How could I have known that I would find the love of my life in one of my best friends? This year has been hard for me, for all of us actually. My divorce was finalized and I honestly thought that was it for me. I thought I'd somehow managed to mess up the best thing in my life. But then you stepped in and took care of me when I really didn't want to take care of myself. You pushed me and kept me going through one of the hardest times in my life, and I want to thank you.

     This letter is more than a thank you, though. It's a confession of things that you already know, but you never really get to hear. You know that I adore you but you don't know my thoughts behind my adoration. It may sound dumb but I feel like 2015 was our year. We grew closer. You were constantly in videos with me and I was in videos with you. It felt natural, always being with you. Like it was something meant to happen.

      James I can't say I love you enough. You have no clue how special you are to the fans, and to me. When your eyes light up at every little joke and stupid thing I do, how you practically glow with happiness...I don't think I've ever seen something more beautiful or humbling in my life. You told me you were honored to be part of my life. I have no words for my end of it. Loving you is like getting to watch a million suns rise. No matter how many times I see it, it's still the most beautiful thing in the world. Like you.

      There are times I feel like I couldn't possibly love you more, and then you go and make me prove myself wrong. I think the little things about you that no one else gets to see are the best. I can't get over the way your hair is messed up in the mornings. The unruliness is possibly one of my favorite things about you. I adore the way you don't want to get out of bed in the mornings. You tell me you hate but we both know that's not true. I love when you let out those little breathless gasps when things get heated. I could keep going with this list until I've filled an entire notebook, but I won't.

       And here I get to the point of all this. For a while now, I've known that I would need you for the rest of my days. You're the breath of fresh air I've needed my entire life, and it took me this long to find you. There were a million little things that happened to bring us together and while some of them were hard, I am grateful for every single one of them. So I need to ask you something, before I lose my nerve."

       James tried to decipher the words at the bottom that Jordan had crossed out. He really wanted to know what it was that Jordan wanted to ask him. He grabbed the other scrap of paper, this one sitting on the shelf as if it had been placed there with the knowledge James would be reading it. He uncrumpled it, cocking his head in confusion. There was only three words, written hastily on the center of the paper.

                                                           "James, turn around."

        James did so, and immediately tears started to blur his vision. Jordan was down on one knee, looking incredibly nervous. That wasn't the only emotion James picked up as he scanned the brunet's face. He was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of love pouring off Jordan in waves. Jordan cleared his throat, and James crept just a bit closer to him as he spoke in a soft, tender voice.

      Jordan took a little black box from his pocket, opening it with shaky hands. It was now or never. He'd barely managed to get the courage to do this and there was no way he was backing down now. He smiled serenely, holding James' emotional brown eyes. "Will you marry me?" he almost whispered. James barely caught his words, but he did and they almost made his knees buckle.

      James managed to catch himself, bracing himself against the dresser. Jordan just kept smiling, waiting for an answer patiently. James asked himself if he could do it, if this was what he wanted. Was this the man he wanted to be with forever, was this the man he loved more than anyone else? The answer was obvious and he knew this as he looked at Jordan. There was only one way to answer. "Yes," he murmured, cupping Jordan's cheek and thumbing the rough beard underneath his fingertips

"Of course I'll marry you, Jordan."