Admission (koova)

James was feeling lazy today. It’s not something that was really a shock because the last few weeks his back had been getting worse, making it much harder to want to do anything, let alone go to work. He sighed, grabbing his phone from the bedside table. If he wasn’t going to go in, he should at least text Jordan and give him a heads up. He messaged his “boss” and a minute after the message had sent, his phone beeped. James chuckled. Jordan was pretty quick on the response. He opened the message and grinned when Jordan informed him that he was coming over to make sure everything was alright.

        James knew he had some time to get ready, so he took a shower, relishing in the hot water. He let it soothe his ache, but unfortunately he knew he had to get out, otherwise the water would turn cold. He quickly dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, inspecting himself in the mirror. He wanted to look alright for Jordan. James’ stomach flipped at the thought of the brunet. Jordan was pretty much all he thought about these days. The cat lover had taken over his every thought.

        James heard a knock on the door ten minutes later grinning widely, running down the stairs to the door. James took a breath. Jesus why was he nervous? There was no reason to be, he’d hung out with Jordan dozens of times. So why did it hit now? James shrugged it off as he opened the door with a smile. Jordan stood on the other side, smiling as well. “Hey James, I just wanted to make sure you were alright.” James chuckled, inviting Jordan inside.

        Jordan headed straight up to James’ room, and James just followed him, wondering why they were going to his room. James just shrugged and headed up the stairs behind Jordan (and no, he was damn sure NOT ogling the other man’s jean clad, perfect looking ass). James headed into his room almost immediately after Jordan had, closing the door behind himself. James turned around and jumped. Jordan was right in front of him, inspecting him with a worried gaze. “Hordan?” James questioned and Jordan’s face turned red.  James reached out despite himself, cupping the other man’s cheek gently.

        They stood there for a minute, hearts racing and pulses pounding. James moved his hand away with a measure of hesitance Why was he acting like this? More importantly, why was Jordan letting him? He was about to say something when Jordan blew out a breath, taking his red cap off and tossing it on James’ bedside table. James watched him run a hand through shaggy brown hair and wondered what exactly the issue was. Jordan looked up at him, honesty shining in his eyes. He could tell this was going to be something very, very important.

        James just nodded, letting Jordan speak. Jordan took another deep breath before stepping even closer to James. “James….I like you. It’s taken me a long time to admit it to myself, let alone you. I just- when you’re around it’s like nothing else matters. Seeing you laugh and smile makes me happy every day I see it and honestly, I just-” he stopped, looking away for just a second before looking back at James with determination. Jordan moved closer again, and now they were pretty much nose to nose. The fluttering in his chest is back, and as he breathes the same air as Jordan, he knows he doesn’t want it to go away.

        James licked his lips, waiting for something-ANYTHING- to happen. He was expecting Jordan to hug him or even to back up and tell him that it’s all a joke. However what happened was the last thing the raven haired man expected. Jordan’s hand reached out and curled in the fabric of his shirt, yanking him closer. Their lips met and eyes fluttered shut and all James could do was shudder as Jordan let out a quiet moan. The kiss was everything James wanted and needed, and he didn’t want it to stop but he knew the two of them had to take their time, They pulled apart reluctantly and Jordan turned towards the table where he’d discarded his cap. James grinned, feeling playful and seeing his opportunity.

        Jordan had no sooner put his trademark hat back on when James tackled him onto the bed. They rolled around, laughing and tickling and just having fun with each other. When they finally settled, James turned his Xbox 360 on and smirked challengingly at Jordan. “How about a little competition?” he suggested. Jordan’s eyes narrowed and he nodded. “You’re on!” he said.

       Aleks came home a few hours later, noticing Jordan’s car in the driveway. “I bet Jordan came over to hang out with James” he said to himself, heading up the stairs. He opened the door to James’ room, and a sappy smile spread across his face- oh and of course he still took blackmail pictures. James was passed out on his stomach, controller still in hand. Jordan was using James as a pillow, controller dangling from his hand and his legs tangled with James’. They looked comfortable and so peaceful that Aleks really didn’t want to wake the two up. He gently shut the door, heading to his own room to record some things.

        Jordan woke up a little later, blinking sleepily. He and James must have fallen asleep at some point into their competition. He tried to sit up, but when an arm restricted his movement, he turned his head to the side. James was still passed out, and he was such a sight that Jordan felt his heart skip a beat. James was sleeping soundly, lashes fluttering and soft lips parted. His hand subconsciously moved to cup James’ cheek, and he thumbed the soft skin fondly. “So beautiful” he whispered.

        James began to move around, and for a minute, Jordan thought he’d wake up. James just adjusted his position and snuggled closer, burrowing under Jordans arm. “I love you” he sighed, and Jordan felt tears prick his eyes. He and James hadn’t admitted it yet, so hearing it was a bit of a shock, but a good one. Jordan glanced at the clock, which read 8:30 pm and smiled, still feeling sort of sleepy. What could it hurt to sleep just a little bit longer? He pulled James against his chest, nuzzling him contentedly. “I love you too, James” he mumbled as his eyes slid closed. This was perfect.