Chapter 1

Chapter 1: That Night

It had been a day of great victory when the second wizarding war finally ended. Many lives were lost, many homes were destroyed and yet people still rejoiced as Harry Potter pointed his wand at Lord Voldemort. The dark lord yelled the killing curse and Harry watched as his sworn enemy fell in a crumpled heap at his feet and became nothing but dust, disappearing on the breeze of the wind. Marking the end of an era of fear.

That night Harry had been carried on the shoulders of many as the wizarding community of Britain gathered in Diagon Alley and drank the night away, celebrating the victory and mourning the great loss that had been cost of their triumph.

It had been almost a year since that faithful day, and graduation dawned upon them. Majority of the students that had been in their seventh year during the war had been invited back to Hogwarts to finish their education alongside students that had just entered their seventh year.

The year had been a strange, yet interesting, one. The end of the war had caused many inter-house relationships to take place. The Slytherins, namely, had finally dropped their unfriendly demeanours as they no longer felt the need to keep them up and many strange revelations had been revealed, but none were as strange as the fact that Blaise Zabini, once one of the biggest bullies of the school, enjoyed ballet dancing and practiced it every summer holidays. This fact had shocked many of the Slytherins, even so, they eventually accepted his "hobbies". Even though there were some changes, other people had nothing about themselves that had changed. Neville Longbottom was still as forgetful as ever, Parvati Patil, Sue Li, Pansy Parkinson and Daphne Greengrass were still the biggest flirts and gossips of the century, but now it was ten times worse as the four girls had joined forces and off course Draco Malfoy was still the Number One Prat Prince. Sure, he had switched sides during the war but that did nothing to stop his cocky attitude or his dislike towards muggleborns. It was done for his self-preservation and with his father serving a lifelong sentence in Azkaban prison, the full wealth and power of the Malfoy name fell into his mug slimy hand overnight.

On the night of their graduation, the seventh years and technically eighth years, wanted a party, a very BIG party at that, but the teachers, having learnt from previous years, had put up Wizarding Surveillance Cameras (as they were called) all over the school that prevented these celebrations from taking place, but as with every situation, this one too had a loop hole and that was all thanks to Professor Flitwick, who out of sheer laziness had skipped the Head's common rooms, leaving them surveillance free. So naturally after literally begging the Head Boy and Girl (who were Hermione Granger and Ernie McCalim) the graduating students had finally found the perfect party location.

At that particular moment, Hermione Granger stood on the foot of her staircase and surveyed the mess surrounding her. Empty firewhiskey bottles, junk food wrappers and many other things that she'd rather not think about littered the floor. Her fellow classmates sat in groups all around the common room; several of them were unconscious and most were beyond drunk. Parvati and Dean were making out on the couch, their tongues down each other's throats, their hands wandering to unthinkable places. Typical, Hermione thought rolling her eyes. She too had indulged herself in a good amount of firewhisky, however she was very much in control of herself and wouldn't dream doing such thing that she witnessed her fellow classsmates partaking in. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Crabbe and Goyle standing by one of the tables, silently laughing to themselves, something Goyle grunted out caught her attention.

"Guess what Crabbe." He said in that gruff animalistic voice of his. "I've spiked the punch."

"Spiked?" Asked Crabbe, a look of question on his face. "What do you mean? It doesn't taste funny to me." He sounded more confused than he usually did in his intoxicated state.