Seeing Red

Disclaimer: I do not own TRMD and its characters.

"Going out, tsong?"

"Syempre naman," Althea commented indifferently as she took a shot of vodka. "I need to unwind," she added.

"As usual," Batchi replied as she observed her party-go-lucky friend abandon the shot glass and just opting to take swigs straight from the bottle. "At ingat ingat din sa pag-inom, uy. Lakas mong maka-tomador."

The other girl waved a dismissive hand before taking another swig. "Stop bossing me around. At may exam ka pa bukas, 'di ba? Mag-review ka nga."

"Ah, yung exam na ie-exam mo din?" The short-haired girl tut-tutted as her dark eyes narrow. "Eto nga oh, nagkalat notes ko." She pointed at the piles of papers in front of her and the towers of books ready to be metaphorically devoured later. "You should be studying, too."

"Maya na."

Batchi just rolled her eyes although she knows that the girl is capable of cramming and passing the exam tomorrow. "Sure. Ingat. At tawagan mo ako 'pag nadukutan ka, nakidnap ka, o hindi mo kaya umuwi mag-isa."

Althea just gave a thumbs up in reply as she took another swig of vodka. Putting the bottle down on the table, she reached for her jacket and then put it on. She then bent down to pick up the black stilettos under their sofa and proceed to put it on as well.

Checking herself in the mirror one last time (black and silver dress and smokey-eye make-up), she then threw a hurried 'later' towards her best friend as she jiggled the door knob and opened the door.

As soon as Batchi heard the door slam shut, she blew an exasperated breath before pinching the bridge of her nose. After a few seconds, she went to her study table.

Let's see... she mumbled as she looked over the list of the scope of their exam sent by their professor two days ago. After checking and re-checking each topic, she wrote the necessary points before checking three reference books plus her notes.

As she busied herself, her mind can't help but bring back the image of her slightly sloshed best friend who will definitely be wasted later with another girl or guy in tow.

To sleep with, of course.

Althea isn't normally as... loose with alcoholic beverages as she is now. It all started almost a year ago and Batchi still remembers it like it was yesterday.

[Flashback]

"Happy birt- what the fuck is going on here?!"

There's scuffling, muttered obscenities, thumping, crashing, but Batchi can't see anything because she's still outside the dormitory, just looking on beside the car. But from her vantage point, she could clearly see her friend's body stiffening in surprise and/or shock before vibrating into suppressed rage. And as the short-haired girl surveyed her friend's reaction, only one thing is clear:

Wila must be in big trouble.

Batchi then saw how Althea balled up her fists before turning sharply around and stomping towards the car, her face murderous.

As she came closer, though, Batchi saw tears welling in her eyes. The short-haired girl's eyebrows then furrowed in curiosity, confusion, and worry.

"Tara na," the other girl tersely said and Batchi just nodded, choosing to ask questions friend later.

"Althea!"

Batchi looked up at the voice, but Althea—who's now sat at the passenger's seat—pulled her hard inside the car, though not before Batchi having a glimpse of a breathless Wila hurrying in her silk robes.

Chasing RedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara