Pre-Gaming

Disclaimer: I do not own TRMD and its characters.

"You did what?!"

"Hoy!" Batchi shushed her friend with a frantic wave of her hand. "Ano ka ba? Nasa library tayo," she whispered harshly before smiling awkwardly at the few familiar faces who are looking at them due to Althea's sudden outburst. "'Wag ka ngang OA."

The other girl glared at her behind a tower of books. "Hindi OA 'yun. Appropriate 'yun. Ikaw nga 'tong parang ewa-"

The short-haired girl then slapped a hand on her friend's mouth. "Kumalma ka," she whispered loudly while glaring back. They glared at one another for a few minutes—Batchi could already feel the curious stares of the other students at their antics—before Althea's eyes softened.

"Okay ka na?"

Althea rolled her eyes before nodding. The short-haired girl then took away her hand and mockingly wiped her palm on her sleeve. "Yak."

"Maka-yak naman 'to," the other girl said with an eyeroll before squinting at her friend. "So why'd you do it?" she asked again, now considerably calmer. But Batchi could still sense the uneasiness as Althea drums her finger on the table.

It's a subtle mannerism whenever Althea get anxious about anything.

"Pabebe ka kasi," Batchi teased and the other girl sported a scandalized expression before playfully throwing a crumpled piece of paper at the short-haired girl. She managed to dodge it before throwing it back with more force. "Guilty ka?"

"No." Althea then pulled the open book closer to her. "Just surprised. Paano mo nahanap yun?"

"Ako pa," Batchi exclaimed with a cocky grin and a wink. "Madaming paraan ang maparaan."

The other girl just mouthed 'whatever' before flipping a page on her book. But as the short-haired girl continues to observe her friend, she saw (in her great amusement) that a hint of smile is playing on Althea's glossy lips.

Tinamaan nga 'to, she thought. "So okay na? Payag ka na?"

The other girl rolled her eyes. "Aayaw pa ba ako?"

"Aysus," Batchi tut-tutted with a smirk. "Kunwari ka pang kalmado diyan. If I know kinikilig ka diyan."

The other girl scoffed. "Ako? Kikiligin? Not that kinda girl, my friend." Althea then gathered her books and rearranged her scattered notes before standing up. As the scraping sound of her wooden chair echoed ever so slightly inside the library, she added, "and tell her I'll be waiting."

Batchi suppressed her chuckle as she watched her friend go. She stayed for a few minutes, doodling on the wooden table, before feeling the vibrations on her pocket.

David: Okay na ba?

The short-haired girl smiled at the guy's enthusiasm about this whole thing. It was nice to witness a friendship this strong in action.

Me: Pumayag na.

As she pressed 'send', she absentmindedly doodled 'Abby' on the wooden table all the way thinking how this thing will fall into place.

This better be worth it, she mused as she read the address of the place that David sent after a few minutes. She then pocketed her phone, got up, and gave an angelic smile at the glaring librarian as she passed by her.