Chapter 17

Song: December by Ariana Grande

-------------------------------------------------

"You were wondering why I brought you downstairs earlier," Neymar continued. "Christmas presents are found under the Christmas tree." He lifted my chin, forcing me to look him in the eyes.  "And I wished for you to be mine, Noëlle."

I stared at him like an idiot while my heart started to flutter. This was not a confession I had expected.

Was he serious?

"I know you feel that magnetic pull between us too. I can see it in your eyes."

"Neymar, I..." I wanted to say something, but I didn't find the correct words to form a phrase.

"I know you are in a relationship, that you are taken. And it was wrong of me to kiss you. It was wrong of me to express myself so explicitly to you and confess what I feel for you, but I couldn't keep it inside any longer." He inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry Noëlle if I hurt you."

I could hear the pain in his voice. His face was saddened. I had never seen him this way and it pained my heart. "You didn't hurt me," I said and wrapped my arms around him. I wanted to make him feel better.

He was surprised by my hug, but he returned it.

"You didn't hurt me Neymar," I repeated. "You comforted me when I needed it. You were there for me."

A sweet smile curved his lips and made his eyes sparkle. I stood on my toes and pressed a kiss on his forehead. His smile widened. He held onto my waist so that my face remained leveled with his. Our noses brushed against one another.

"My Christmas girl," he said softly.

"Are you teasing me?"

"I have always loved teasing you because you are adorable."

"Charmer."

"Am I charming you?" his voice was husky again.

I nodded shyly.

His thumb stroked over my cheek, heating my already flushed skin. "Breathtakingly beautiful," he murmured.

His breath burned my lips and ignited that familiar feeling from earlier on the hill.

"I told you not to look at me like that Noëlle."

I closed my eyes. "I'm sorry."

I felt his lips kiss one of my eyelids gently.

"I'm intoxicated by you," he whispered. He slid his hand under the backside of my top.

"Ney," I breathed as a shiver ran down my spine. The sudden rush of all these feelings overwhelmed me.

"Stop me, Noëlle. I'm losing my control," he groaned whilst his hand roamed over my naked back hungrily.

-------------------------------------------------

Neymar is losing it...