Chapter 20

Song: Dreams by Campsite Dream

-------------------------------------------------

[ Neymar's POV ]

"Damn bro, time flew by didn't it?" Jo said.

"You bet!" Gil chimed in.

I took a gulp from the can of Red Bull in my hand. My thoughts were somewhere else.

"Yo, Neymar!" Gustavo yelled.

"What?" I shouted, annoyed by my friends who kept trying to make me engage in some meaningless conversation.

"You have been with your head in the clouds lately. What's going in there?" Gustavo poked the side of my head mockingly.

I swatted his hand away. "Idiot."

"Oh, I know what's up," Rafaella smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Irmãzinha!" I growled to make sure she kept her mouth shut.

"So your sister knows and we, your best friends, are kept in the dark?" Gil frowned with a crooked smile. "What are you keeping from us, huh?"

"She is just teasing me you puta!" I growled. I was getting annoyed now.

"10 minutes left!" Rafa squealed which made us all turn our heads towards the clock on the wall.

"Juninho, can you get the champagne from the kitchen?" she asked as she set the champagne glasses on the decorated dining table.

"Sure." I was more than happy to leave the room. I needed a moment to myself. I entered a pitch-black kitchen and was unable to spot the light switch. "Where is that damned thing?" I cursed under my breath as my hand roamed the wall where the switch should have been. My fingers finally touched the switch. I flipped it on and let my eyes adjust to the bright lights.

"Meu deus!" I gasped at the sight in front of me and put my hand on my heart. I could feel it beating wildly under my palm.

"Hi." That angelic voice caused goosebumps to break out across my skin. 

"N-Noëlle?!" My voice came out as a croaky whisper.

She threw her arms around my neck and pressed her soft lips on mine. After hesitating for a second, I kissed her back eagerly like a starved, desperate man.

This was a dream. This was not real.

"Ney," I heard her moan softly as she put her hands on my chest to make me stop the assault on her lips.

"Is this real?" I asked as my hands cupped her cheeks. I needed to feel that this was real and not a figment of my imagination.

She chuckled and her eyes twinkled when she heard that question. "Remember I told you last-minute Christmas wishes are accepted by Santa? He just takes a little longer to fulfill them though."

I was blinded by the angelic smile on her lips. My mind was scrambled to fully comprehend was she had just said to me. "What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Your Christmas wish was for me to be yours. And I will be yours if you still want me. I broke up with Henry," she confessed.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was rendered speechless. Although I was still cupping her cheeks, I could not believe that this was happening, that this was real.

"I flew all the way to Barcelona for you and all you can do is stare at me, Juninho?" she asked with a smirk after a few seconds of silence.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" I groaned as I let go of her cheeks and wrapped my arms around her waist.

A little chuckle left her beautiful lips as we gazed into each other's eyes.

"You are really here," I breathed. I still could not believe it.

She was here in Barcelona. My Christmas girl was here for me!

We heard the clock strike 12.

"Happy New Year, Noëlle!" I said with a warm smile.

"Happy New Year, Neymar!" she beamed with sparkling eyes.

"Let's start writing our New Year resolutions together Noëlle," I breathed before our lips met in a deep, passionate New Year's kiss.

We both pulled back to breathe and giggled as we used to when we were kids.

"Did you really break up with Henry?"

She nodded. "I did."

"Why?" I wanted to know what the main reason was why she had left him.

"Well," she said. "My Christmas wish was to spend Christmas with him, my special someone. And that wish came true. I did spend Christmas with a special someone, that special someone was you Neymar."

My heart skipped a beat upon hearing her confess that to me. I threaded my fingers through her hair and cupped the back of her neck. I gazed into her eyes and then pressed a long kiss on her forehead. I felt her smile and wrap her arms around my neck.

"Kiss me Juninho," she whispered.

"It's Neymar for you Miss Noëlle," I said with a playful glare.

"You can't stop me from calling you that!"

"I know many convincing methods," I said as I licked my lips.

"You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" she asked in a challenging tone.

I knew she was referring to all the naughty things I had whispered into her ear that Christmas night.

"Noëlle, I'm a man of my word. There won't be any walking for you tomorrow," I growled and crushed my lips to hers.

"Or after tomorrow," I said in between the kisses.

"Or the day after that."

This year was going to be amazing, I could already feel it.

The End.

-------------------------------------------------

Noëlle and Neymar's Christmas wishes were fulfilled ♥ A happy ending they both deserved, don't you think? :)

I truly hope that you enjoyed reading my short Christmas story. It's romantic and of course somewhat cliché because Christmas stories are supposed to be cliché?

I hope it warmed your hearts because it certainly did warm mine while I was writing it :)

Have an amazing year! Thank you for all your votes and comments! 

Lots of love,

Lora ♥