Insecurities

So hey! New chapter already! Yeah, I'm like Speedy Gonzales with all these fast updates! ß is what I was going to say when I was going to upload this like weeks ago but then I got writer's block. Anyways, to the side is Veronica!

By the way, I changed who plays Shay! It used to be Lyndsy Fonseca but it's Melanie Iglesias because she fits more.

I'm dedicating this chapter to _mrsmalik__ because she would not get off my ass and stop reminding me that it's been two months since I last uploaded.

Oh and don't forget to follow my Instagram opal_believe96 for all kinds of updates...and stuff!

Hope you like it!

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three

Insecurities

"Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop." - Unknown

Okay so maybe I wasn't as ready for "living it up" as I thought I'd been. I tugged the strapless, red bikini top up so it would show less cleavage and tried to pull the matching bottoms down in a fruitless effort to cover more of my ass. Maybe I should've taken baby steps first because there was no point of return anymore with Veronica.

I looked in the bathroom mirror again. My dark auburn hair was waist length and my prized possession. It was the only feature of mine that I liked. My gray eyes were so dark you could barely see the ashen color, but you'd always be able to see the insecurity and fear in them. I'd always thought my nose didn't quite fit my face and my mouth was permanently set in a slight frown. The only reason why my smile was nice was because of the braces I had as an awkward teenager, not that I wasn't still a little bit awkward. My breasts had always been too big and my hips too wide for my petite figure, easily making me feel too chubby for being so short. Plus, being curvy had always been hard, especially in a world where even the zero-sized girls thought they were fat. I'd always hated that I was forever stuck at five feet, one and one-fourth inches. Yes, the one-fourth counts. However, I had gradually come to accept it and didn't mind too much until someone pointed it out. At least the martial arts classes I'd started taking last year had melted the stomach chub I had before, or else this would be a lot worse.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and opened them again. I hated showing so much skin. What was a skimpy bikini going to cover? Clearly not my boobs and butt.

There was a loud knock on the door and I heard Veronica shout, "I'm sure you look great, now c'mon!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back before opening the door and stepping out.

"I am officially jealous," Veronica stated, glaring at me.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of that because Veronica Bay is perfect. She'd always been the social butterfly, in high school and college. While I, on the other hand, had always been the shyer, nerdy girl. She was adored by too many boys to count and it was a miracle she hadn't used them for her pleasure. Currently, though, she looked stunning in her yellow bikini. She wasn't very tanned, but her creamy skin didn't take away and her hair was always pretty, wavy, and brown. Her hair framed the heart-shaped face that cradled big chocolate eyes, a cute nose, and one lip slightly fuller than the other. "There's no reason for you to be, but thanks," I replied, flashing her a small smile. She'd made me feel a little bit less nervous.