Weak

Chapter Five

 Weak

“But our lives will only ever continue to be a balancing act that has less to do with pain, and more to do with beauty.” – Shane Koyczan

          Was I really doing this? Was I really wanting to go with him back? I don’t even think Veronica was ready to go back with that Cade guy. How could one line seduce me? It was such a dumb line, too, and he’d probably used it on so many other “innocent” girls.

            I turned my head to my glass and thought about it. It wasn’t the pick-up line that had me reeling; it was those eyes. They dripped with pure liquid desire, and it was getting increasingly hard for me not to drink them in. The azure lit a fire of the same hue inside me, leaving my heart racing and my being on fire, and I knew the only ailment was him. I’d never seen anybody look at me the way he does.

            I returned my gaze back to his smoldering one and asked, “So what kind of ‘innocent’ girls are these if they’re so ready to sleep with you so quickly. I saw you with that girl today that you could not have known for more than an hour.” I rolled my eyes and sipped my drink, looking at his nose because his eyes were something I couldn’t look at and still manage to keep my thoughts oriented.

            “I only tell girls what I think of them,” he said casually and took a gulp of his whiskey, Adam apple bobbing, before he turned his gaze towards me and his mouth was etched into a smirk and he titled his head a little. “Besides, you know how innocent you are and are you going to deny that the thought has been circulating in your head?”

            My cheeks heated up, annoyingly answering his question, but I regained my composure and stated defiantly, “Well I can assure you that I won’t be acting on them.”

            He chuckled and set his nearly empty glass down and leaned over, leaving a lingeringly electric kiss on my cheek. “We’ll see, beautiful,”    he said and was gone.

            If a kiss on the cheek had felt so good, I wonder where else they would feel good…No! Shay, get your head out of the gutter! But had I started some kind of a game unknowingly? No doubt would I see him more due to Veronica dating Cade. Was he going to try to seduce me?

            I have to find Veronica and see if she’s ready to go.

            I walked back to the isolated rooms and peered in through the doorway and saw Veronica and Cade standing up. “We’re going dancing. Want to join?” Veronica asked.

            I literally stared at her for a minute and then shook my head, “Why would I want to do that?” Veronica laughed and I told her that I was leaving.

            Walking out of the club, I felt a little relieved to be able to go back to my room and relax a little bit. There were a few things I had to think about, like why my parents let me have this trip, AND paid for Veronica and Shannon. We were wealthy, but never had my parents given me such a big gift that was exclusive to me and my friends and excluding them. There was something I didn’t know.