Secrets and magic.

* Dracos P.O.V*

'Where's the loley git when you need him?' I think to myself as I pace back and forth in the slytherin common room. 'I give hime the password and simple instructions and he still manages to be late!?' Pathetic. I am pulled from my thoughts as Nevel walks in.

"Took you long enough Longbottom" I half wisper half scream, not wanting to wake anyone up or get caught by our prefect.

"I-I'm ssorry Draco, Harry and Ron caught me sneaking out and I nearly dodged em" Nevel stutters clearly uncomfortable. Oh well as long as I get what I need he doesn't matter!

"So do you have it?" I ask in anticipation. I look him straight in the eyes to make sure he's not lying when he answers. "Of coarse! I just don't know if this is a good idea." Looking at the ground Nevel shifts his feet uncomfortably. 'God how can he be so awkward? ' "No matter, Lets see it" Hesitantly Nevel reaches for his pocket, before he can pull out the object "CRASH" I jerk my head to the source of the sound to see a priceless vase shattered on the ground, with no one in sight.

*Rons P.OV.*

I turn twords Harry and notice he is just a scared as I am. I knew the moment we followed Nevel into the slytherin common room something would go wrong!! Together, being careful to stay under the cloak, Harry and I bolt to the door and don't stop until we're safe in our dormitory. After getting ready for bed, I ask Harry the question that's been on my mind. "What do you think Nevel and Draco were up to?" Giving a quick yawn Harry answers, "No good, but I want to find out"

Then next morning at breakfast Harry and I were discussing last night's incident when a very frazzled Hermione huffs in and plops herself down in the chair next to Harry. 'What's up with her?' "Are you ok?" Harry asks with concern. "My private diary has gone missing and I have no idea where it could be!"

I look across the table and notice Nevel and shamus leave along with a couple others so the table was more private.

"Do you think someone took it?" I ask. Hermione gives me a small nod in response. "It's alright Hermione! We'll find it" Harry says with a smile giving Hermione a big hug. I feel my stomach knot. What was that? Probably just some bad eggs or something. "Thanks Harry you're the best!" Hermione chirps as she gives harry a peck on the cheek. There it is again! Wait I didn't have eggs this morning....

*Nevels P.O.V*

I still don't understand why Draco wanted Hermiones diary. Probably wanted to get ahead in class if there were any spells in there. After slipping him the book, I get asked the strangest question I have been asked all day..........