Chapter 3

We drove for hours. After the first maybe twenty minutes of crying, I had tired myself to sleep.

When the car came to a stop, I slowly woke. We were parked in front of a castle. And by castle, I literally mean a castle.

It was made of all stone, with statues of gargoyles and humans everywhere. Grand steps led up to the front entrance. Red roses were surrounding the castle.

It was a beautiful sight and I would have enjoyed it if I wasn't being taken captive and stolen from my family.

Getting out of the car, I was led up the stairs to the castle doors. The vampire knight was right by my side, probably making sure I won't run away. He knocked on the doors, and after a few seconds, the door creaked open.

There stood a young man, maybe mid-twenties. He smiled at the knight but his grin grew once he saw me. "Princess!" He exclaims excitedly.

Who? Me? Princess? Oh no no no. I am definitely not a princess. Nope. Not at all.

I didn't comment and instead frowned. He seemed to understand something that I didn't because realization struck him. I saw it in his eyes. Like if he had just remembered something.

"Oh please come in. We don't want the princess waiting outside."

I should have explained something before. Vampires burn in the light? Nope. That was just an old tale that was made up. The only things that burn in the sunlight are goblins. But they prefer to stay underground so it doesn't real matter.

I'm escorted inside where I see more guards. The man speaks up, "The King and Queen have been waiting for you. They are very trilled to finally meet you."

Why though? I'm just a simple werewolf. That hasn't shifted, but I will eventually.

"They're in the great hall at the moment. Let us meet them there," the knight says.

Why do they talk so posh like? It's the twenty-first century. Like come on.

I follow them to the great hall. Once they opened the doors I saw them.

King Damon and Queen Adriana. They were sitting on the thrown while other knights and people of high society were there. All the talking and noises stopped and everyone turned to look at me.

This is so awkward. Like why is everyone looking at me funny. Maybe it's because I'm still in my pajamas.

King Damon stands up quickly; staring me down. Probably judging me.

He begins to walk over to me. And that's when my palms get heavy and my knees grow weak. I'm gonna die aren't I? Or am I gonna be abused first? Sentenced to life in prison? Why is he still walking towards me?!

Once he's close enough. He does something I definitely don't feel comfortable about.

Okay, today I saw my mother hold a gun and I'm guessing and from what I heard. Shoot said gun. And now I'm being hugged by the King of all vampires. What is going on in my life?

This is the most awkward moment in my life. Honestly. My arms are pinned to my side as he holds me tight in his arms. I'm stiff and freaking out on the inside. While he seems so content and just all around happy. His blissful smile is the only thing I can see properly, since my face is squished into his chest.

"Aphrodite, we have missed you so much," the King tells me.

I can't take this anymore!