Chapter 8

For the past couple of days, it was awkward to say the least, as well as stressful. 

I still hung out with Theo at lunch, but there was always at least one guard there with us. Usually it was Darrel, a middle aged quiet man who just stood there. And most of the time it was so awkward that we'd all just end up sitting there quietly. 

But not today, nope. In approximately three hours, I must make my grand entrance at the ball. And so far I've been sitting in this chair, staring at my reflection for two hours. Of course I wasn't just sitting there with nothing happening, oh no. I'm currently being prepped and "pampered" for my big reveal.

I'm using the word "pampered" loosely. 

Seven maids are currently plucking and pullings me everywhere, four seamstresses doing last minute touches on my dress, and two of my mother's friends are giving me quick verbal lessons on everyone attending the ball.

Oh and this is not like a typical day at the spa with my friends; this is more like weird Russian punishment.

Just picture this, me, lying on my back with my legs up. Getting waxed everywhere, plus being poked by a needle randomly from the seamstresses. Then having two ever so lovely women scold you for moving then tell you how Sir ButtFace is high class vampire and has an eligible son. 

Right now, I'm far from pampered. 

"When you were in the dog's territory, did they ever teach you how to properly dance?"

I can't even turn my head to glare at whoever asked me that stupid question. Of course I was taught how to dance properly... probably not the vampire's form of proper, but I know how to break it down.

"Yes. I was taught by the werewolves how to dance," I lied with confidence. I don't plan on dancing much tonight. 

Dad told me how he invited some werewolves to the ball. He even personally had invites sent to Piper and Melissa, who live deep in werewolf territory. I sorta feel bad whoever had to deliver the invitations tho. 

Hopefully they do come; I really do miss them. 

Piper and Melissa were some of the few werewolves who never saw me as different and treated me as an equal. They never saw me as some werewolf who looked odd and who couldn't shift. 

I wonder how they looked when they got invited here. I wonder if they've found their mates. I wonder how everything was after I was taken away. I just wanna know everything!

"Calm down Princess!" I refocus and see one of the maids looking at me in worry.

Something I learned on my own is that when a Royal gets nervous, everyone in the room can feel it. How Theo explained it, "It feels like your backpack just got 30 pounds heavier. It's pretty aggravating." Basically a slight pain in a normal vampire's back that is annoying. That's only when a nervous royal vampire is in the same room as a normal vampire. 

It gets worse with how anxious a Royal is. And judging from how the maid looks, it's getting bad. 

"I'm sorry. I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. I thought it was just excitement," my sheepish smiles brings a smile to the maid's lips. 

"It's okay, Princess. We just need to make sure you are poise and ready to make your entry. Can't be upsetting King Damon, now can we." It wasn't a question, more of a hopeful prayer.

So there I sat once again, and another two hours passed. It wasn't till Mom came in, shooing everyone away. 

"How you feeling Aphrodite? I was told you've been giving everyone a constant pain from your nerves." 

I groan, "I thought I got rid of my nerves, I swear. I'm just excited."

She raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Aphrodite, could you possible be smitten with the notion of meeting your beloved?"

The once fluttering butterflies I felt all of a sudden turned into hawks. Killer hawks that are now flying around with high speeds.

"N-no Mom. I'm-m actually-ly excited for Mel-Melissa and P-Piper." Oh god, I'm stutter too. Is this feeling really cause of my beloved.

Mom smiles, her cheeks turning rosy and big with delight. "Oh Love! Your body is already feeling the effect of your beloved. He must be here waiting your arrival right now! The ball already started awhile ago, why don't we make an early entrance? Forget your father's idea of 'fashionably late'. Come my child let us go!" 

Not another word came out of my mouth, since she was already pulling me to my doom. And with the natural vampire speed, we were already at the doors.

I see the guards standing by the doors, ready to open them start to curl up. 

I can't calm down, my beloved could be behind these doors. I feel like I'm going to throw up my insides. 

"Aphrodite, look at me," Mom guides my face directly in front of her. "This is your moment my precious daughter, you will remember this moment forever. In your invite lives together, this moment will forever define you."

I hear the sound of metal hitting the floor and see the guards and everyone on the floor clutching their bodies. 

I don't know how to calm down!

Without waiting another breathe, Mom shoves open the doors. 

And then it happens. 

A blast of air hits me face first. Almost knocking me off my feet.

It smells of rich oaks, scotch, and coffee; manly thick scent. But it was clearly obvious to me this was no normal scent. 

This was a werewolf.

~~~~

okay i already know imma be called out for this. I KNOW I SUCK AT UPDATING!!! I'm trying to update the others too. But honestly wattpad is not apple friendly. Also I'm lazy and a procrastinator. lets not forget I really don't have a "set schedule".  that should be obvious since it took me over a year and possibly two before i actually updated anything. i;m sorry but i do try, i just loose inspiration really quickly. plus i get distracted VERY easily. but I'm trying, that's what matters... Right...?