✖ xo + devin booker ✖

For hailey_may_
I hope you like it, sorry for the wait.

In the darkest night hour, I'll search through the crowd.

I was sitting in the hospital room with my sickly cousin. My uncle urged me to stay with the four year old, suffering from seizures until he returned in the morning.

Everyone, as you could imagine, was exhausted and I was getting bored with being here.

Tylen hadn't had a seizure since he was taken off his ADHD medicine, but I guess I should stay just in case he woke up and got scared seeing that no one was here.

"You still here?" A nurse smiled, coming in to check Tylen and check his fluid levels.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I don't want him to wake up and freak out cause he's on his own."

"Oh, he won't be up for another four hours. The doctors gave him medicine, a tester. He's out cold, I promise you." The nurse smiled.

I giggled and shook my head. "Nah, I'm good. Thank you though."

The nurse left and I sighed, curling into the uncomfortable pink chair. I rested my head on the wall, watching cartoons.

I figured I wouldn't get any sleep so I called my boyfriend Devin. If I wasn't sleeping, neither was he.

"Wassup baby?" Devin groaned.

I smirked before pouting. "I'm bored."

"Where are you?"

"The hospital." I sighed.

"Still?"

"Yeah, I let my uncle go home and rest up. I figured it was the least I can do since they're letting crash at their place so I can be closer to you."

"You want me to come through?"

I smiled. "Please?"

Devin chuckled. "On my way."

Your face is all that I see. I'll give you everything. Baby love me lights out.

"Come on, the nurse said he was out for the night. We'll be back before daylight." Devin pouted as I sat on his lap, flipping through the channels.

I shook my head. "No."

Devin groaned, throwing his head back. "Hailey we could go right up the street to the park. It's boring here."

"Devin, to the park and back. I'm not playing."

Devin smiled. "You got my word."

We don't have forever. Ooh, baby daylight's wasting.

"Devin where did you get that?!" I squeaked, dodging the water gun that he was squirting in my direction.

He laughed, chasing behind me. He tossed the gun once it ran out of water and threw me over his shoulder. I giggled.

"Devin put me down."

"Why?" He smiled.

I giggled. "Cause I said so and I'm hungry."

"You want the hospital food?" He grinned, putting me down. I sucked my teeth and shoved him, giggling.

We've been at the park for three hours, playing like some kids. I had fun, but now I'm hungry.

Devin and I went to Sonic, got some food and headed back to the hospital in the nick of time.

Just as we sat down to eat, my uncle walked into the hospital room. Devin and I laughed, my uncle confused.

"What y'all up to in here?" My uncle smiled, feeling Tylen's forehead.

Devin chuckled and I shook my head. "Nothing."