Chapter 48

Sadie

I was lying in bed around 2 am about to fall asleep when I heard the kitchen sink. I got out and slipped on some socks before stepping on the cold wood floor. I walked out of my room and downstairs.

I crept around the corner looking into the kitchen seeing Justin leaned over on the counter looking down at the sink.

I walked off the last step and into the kitchen. I stood by the island watching Justin chugged something down in a small glass cup.

"Dad."

He looked up quick and then smiled before walking towards me.

"Ohhhh heyyy...s-sweet...ehem..sweetie."

He slurred and kissed the top of my head. He reeked of alcohol which I spotted about 6 empty beer bottles and 2 bottles of vodka one empty one close to it.

"Dad you shouldn't be drinking this much"

"Aye don't worryy ab-about me ok? I'm doing just...."

"Oh boy"

I pushed him towards the bathroom and he instantly puked right into the toilet.

"Dad you're not fine. You need to go to bed."

"No Sadie. I'm-"

More puke.

"I'm fine."

"No. No you're not you're a mess!"

"Don't talk to me like that y-young lady!"

"Then don't drink like that!"

"You're going to bring....down that tone right now are we clear?!"

He started getting angry but I needed him to get to bed before he damages his insides even more.

"We're not clear until you clean up and go to bed!"

Without hesitation or a pause I felt a heavy sting on my cheek. I yelped in terror.

"DO NOT. TALK TO ME IN THAT TONE!"

I sat on the floor leaning against the cabinets under the sink with tears in my eyes. I went to get up but was pushed back down with another hit but this time with a heavy fist.

I sobbed in the corner then got it somewhat together when I heard a faint voice.

"S-sadie?"

"Ash. Upstairs. I'm ok."

"B-but you"

"Ashley Upstairs Now!!"

She ran upstairs with a facial expression of complete terror. I stood up as soon as Justin leaned into the toilet vomiting up whatever was left. I took that chance to run upstairs before anything got worse.

I was met by Ashley who was standing at the top of the stairs crying. I looked at her and grabbed her hand, pulling her into my room.

I locked my door and we sat on my bed, I held her until she calmed down a bit.

"Y-your eye. Its bleeding."

I touched my eye, flinching at the burning sensation. I saw spots of blood on my fingers. I went into my on suit bathroom and cleaned it up a bit.

"Sade. What's wrong with Justin?"

"Um. He's drunk."

"Why'd he hit you?"

"He wasn't thinking. He didn't mean to."

"It sure seemed like he-"

"Ash! Relax. I'm fine, he'll be fine, everything will be ok. Ok?"