Chapter 5

(Pretend this is in Italics)

"You are not pathetic." Niall sets his hands on my shoulders. "If you say it one more time you will suffer the consequences."

"What consequences?" I cross my arms and wait for him to answer. Niall doesn't say anything, but stare at me. "I'm pathetic." I smirk.

Niall sighs. "You don't listen."

"I'm curious." I shrug, realizing he won't do anything.

"Curiosity leads to trouble." Niall continues walking to the Cinderella castle at Disney. He jogs halfway up the stairs, leaving me behind.

"I'm sorry!" Niall shouts and spins around to face me.

"Niall, what are you-?" I begin to say only to get cut off by him.

"What I did was stupid! I feel terrible!" He takes one step down.

My eyebrows wrinkle together. What in the world is he doing? I glance around me to see people starting to form a circle around us. Is this the consequence? He is going to embarrass me in front of everybody? I don't like this idea.

"Look, I don't care for her. You're the only girl I want." Niall reaches me on the ground.

"Stop." I whisper to him under my breath. "You're acting like Louis."

"Say you aren't pathetic." Niall replies. I shake my head at him. "I will continue doing this then."

He opens his mouth to talk, but I cover it with my hand. "I'm not pathetic." I whisper. I feel Niall smile under my hand. I pull my hand away.

"Let's go find the lads." He grabs my hand and leads me up the castle stairs.

"I can't believe you did that." I pull my hand out of his and cross my arms. "I thought you couldn't act."

"I never said that." Niall chuckles at me.

"I saw ICarly." I tell him, walking in a store filled with Disney products. "You had like one line and I could tell acting wasn't your talent."

Niall puts his hand to his heart. "Now you're just being mean."

*

I fling myself up off of my bed, breathing heavily. I shake the comforter off of my bed, suddenly wanting to splash water on my face to get rid of that dream. I twist the cold water knob and cold water bursts through the faucet. Without worrying that it's too cold, I stick my cupped hands under the faucet and fill them up with water. The cold water fully wakes me up, allowing me to think properly.

It was just a dream, yet it felt too realistic to be just a dream. Did that really happen to me? Was it a memory or maybe my brain is trying to give me fake memories to make me feel better.

The clock next on my bedside table reads three in the morning. Not bothering to go back to bed because I know I won't go to sleep, I head out of my room and down the stairs. All of the doors in our house are locked. Everyone must be asleep. I'll have to wait until morning to ask somebody about that dream.

I walk as quietly as possible into the kitchen, my stomach growling just at the thought of food. The bright light in the fridge almost blinds me in the dark room. My hand slides along the wall next to the fridge, and switches a light on. I eventually adjust to the brightness of the light.

"Hungry?" A voice startles me from behind me.

I spin around, curious to see who is behind me. My own brown eyes meet a pair of blue eyes. "Oh. Hi, Louis." I begin to feel myself relax. "I'm not used to feeling so relaxed around you. I feel like I should be tense and avoiding eye contact." I admit to him.