Freefall.

//welcome back! I can only hope you are enjoying the story, as you came here to read the first part. In this chapter, you learn a bit about Starsearcher's personality and life. Ohh... I wonder if she is falling for anyone? Find out this time on poke- Seeking Stars!//

Starsearcher sighed, putting down another unhelpful scroll. To her right were unread scrolls, and to her left were all her read ones. The unread pile was reduced to one last scroll, something about dragon astronomy. Starsearcher decided not to read it, as she concluded it would be as useless as the staggering pile of scrolls to her left.

Useless! She thought. Useless! All of these scrolls. This entire library is useless! Three moons, even the RainWings are easier to read than these books, and they're basically just moving lumps of fruit. Angrily she slammed down the scroll on the jungle-wood desk she was using to research stars, and watched as her 'tower' of read scrolls began to shake.

Honestly, she didn't care if it fell down. Anything to get these RainWings of their lazy tails was entertaining to her.
"Did the scrolls help?" Asked a voice to her right, startling her in the middle of her little rant. She looked up at her friend(?) Leaf. He was a RainWing, but Leaf was possibly the least laziest RainWing Starsearcher had met.

Leaf was constantly bouncy and energetic, always nagging Starsearcher to explore every nook and cranny of the rainforest they called home. She managed to tolerate him because at late at night, he would take her on his back to see the stars. they would fly high, higher than the rainforest leaves, higher than their thickest branches. They would sit on the trees, and talk about the stars all night.

He would listen to her, and believe her, and care about her... She would care too.

In a friendly way!

"Helloo.." Leaf blinked, sending Starsearcher out of her trance, and back into her usual snappish self.

"Leaf me alone, i'm bushed." She grumbled, her eyes flicking from him to her books, him, books, him, books...

"Very funny, haha." His voice snapped her back to reality. "It's unusual that I can catch you in a good mood." He joked.

Leaf was right, Starsearcher wasn't that punny usually. "I'm always in a good mood," she replied non-chalantly. "Also, the scrolls were useless, nothing about mysterious prophecies." Starsearcher spat, well not actually spat, as this was a library and spitting would be rude.

He frowned. "Sorry, those were the only scrolls I knew which said anything about speaking to stars."

"It's fine." Starsearcher dismissed it casually, he was trying his best.

"Anyway, want to head back now? You look like you're done here." Leaf asked politely, knowing that if he said anything rude, she might snap. Starsearcher was always like that. Sometimes she was in a good mood, well, a good mood was when she was approachable. When she was in a bad mood, she would snarl away all conversation and hiss at anyone who approached her.

Sometimes, she would huff out smoke out of her nostrils, and accidentally light a random tree leaf on fire. After that, she would get in trouble with queen Glory. But nonetheless, her moods didn't last long. They usually change rather quickly.

No matter what, Starsearcher was a great friend, and he didn't care about what others thought of her. The farther away other dragons got from her, the closer she became to him. He cherished that closeness, best-friendship.

Back to the present, Leaf knew that if he joked around much more, she might randomly switch moods and insist upon traveling back to the village alone.

And it's very difficult for a dragon with damaged wings to fly, don't you think?

Starsearcher nodded, hearing the creak of the wood as she got onto Leaf's back. They had done this multiple times before, and Leaf didn't find her that heavy. She was rather small in figure anyways.

She tucked her wings in, wincing as the torn fabric-like substance brushed against Leaf's strong, big wings. He took off, flapping his wings a few times, then gliding slightly. Starsearcher decided it was nice to feel the wind on her scales, so instead of hiding her head in the crook of his neck, she stretched it out.

The view was marvelous. They were flying high, so high, that the treetops looked like starfruit, which was something that RainWings ate from time to time. Starfruits were marvelous. The ripe ones were delicious, and she quite enjoyed them, for a NightWing. As she thought about starfruit, her grip on Leaf's neck loosened little by little.

She only noticed it when she didn't feel it anymore. When she was falling.

There was nothing under her. She felt a sensation going through her lungs, like being shoved underwater. She struggled for air, and flipped onto her front. On instinct, her wings opened to catch the wind, and soar like a dragon. Like Leaf.

Her wings opened as Starseeker planned, but the only thing she felt was pain as the unforgiving gusts tore through her already damaged delicate wings.

This was just like the last time.

"Leaf!" She called out, the pain darkening her vision. "I'm coming!" She heard a voice above her.

Starsearcher sighed in relief, and gave in to the pain. Her vision darkened quickly as she gave up control, and the only thing she felt was her body hitting the treetops with a thump.

//first chapter, and already some drama. I don't know about you, but Leaf sure is dreamy, don't you think? Anywho, I would like to let you know that the first few chapters have been written while I was on vacation, and the plot idea was thought up when I was sleeping. As I am writing this, I have no internet to upload this, so I hope everyone is enjoying.
Wait I forgot to mention that I do not own Wings of Fire.. I do own the plot and characters tho.
<3
-platonically-
~Shiro

PS. If you get it, do not tell anyone, or I will personally light your shack on fire..
Inside joke from next chapter.