Opposites attract?

// I shall waste no time, read on children.//

Starsearcher was falling... Her elegant wings were torn countless times by the sharp and dangerous branches, but she seemed to not feel any pain. Is this the end? She thought to herself. No matter what she thought, Starsearcher did not want her life to end.

She might have survived freefall once, but twice? Starsearcher needed a miracle for that.

She seemed to fall in slow-motion, and Starsearcher could feel different animals gazes locked on her. There seemed to be about a million in every tree. Sharply, all of their faces turned into Leaf. "Starsearcher." They chanted in an ominous voice that almost shocked Starsearcher out of her slumber.

Wait, slumber?

"Starsearcher, wake up." The animals repeated, seeming more annoyed having to repeat the thought. Well, Starsearcher was easily distracted after all.

She jolted awake like she was ordered to, and gasped. Starsearcher was in the library, alive. "Wha-" she asked, blinking sleepily at Leaf, who was in front of her, shaking her with his talon.

Said dragon raised a dragon eyebrow. "I thought you were researching, not napping." But his eyes widened, abandoning the scolding tone when he saw Starsearcher horrified and mystified expression. "That dream again?" Leaf asked gently, worried about the answer.

She shook her head, "no, it was different, different but the same." She replied, and Leaf tilted his head, confused. "I meant, the same thing happened, but the scenario was different." She said sadly. But a little snappishly since she had to repeat herself. (Ugh, I hate myself for writing she and her so many times in concession. Sorry for writing badly.)

"Oh," said Leaf, his mind was going a mile a minute, trying to think of ways to make her smile. Got it! He thought, and replied; "well, sorry to rain on your parade," he lifted his wings, as to say, get it? Starsearcher smiled dryly. "Leaf, you always manage to cheer me up." She said, a hint of playful sarcasm was present in her tone.

"Anyways, i'm done here, I should head home." Leaf nodded, "want to fly there? We'll get there sooner." At that, Starsearcher shook her head. "No thanks, i'd rather walk." When she said that, Starsearcher voice seemed rather hollow, as if she was remembering something.

Her dream, maybe?

Leaf nodded, "alright, i'll come too." He informed her, knowing that even though she wouldn't admit it, Starsearcher appreciated his company. "Thanks," she said, with a smile. "I mean, it's not like I wanted you to come with me.." She then snapped back, her mood changing with that single sentence.

Leaf rolled his eyes, and when he was done with that motion, Starsearcher was already on the platform below the library. The platform was made from safely cut jungle wood, and winded across the trees to form a scenic path towards the village.

The platform was not used often, as many dragons in their right minds would fly to save time. This platform was made for disabled dragons, like Starsearcher and others who lost wings in battle, or accidentally.

Not saying that Starsearcher lost her wings in battle, that will come later.

Leaf hopped down to join said dragon, and wordlessly, they made their way across the platform.

The walkway was amazing. Trees would arch over it, and their multi-colored green leaves were beautiful to look at while making your way towards the RainWing village. Animals would hop here and there, beady eyes watchful of the fierce hunters walking by.