5

Eva's POV

"Fucking a." I cursed as I pulled on the hand cuffs that were behind me back. Fitz was next to me passed out and I wasn't sure how we got here but I was going to get us out. I had said we weren't going to die, and I meant it. "Fitz?" I asked quietly and he looked up at me with wide eyes. He then began struggling. "Chill I've got this." I said and began looking around.

"How, don't you see that we are-"

"Fitz. Shut up." I said and he nodded. I glanced at him. "This I gunna sounds gross Agent Fitz." I warned him and he opened his mouth but first I broke my thumb while bitting my lip. My hand then slid from the cuffs and I was able to take a knife from my back pocket. "Fitz don't move." I said and began sawing threw his hand cuffs. He moved and I sliced his hand.

"Oi!" He yelled and a guy looked at us. Fitz instantly bit his lip and looked at his knees. I began sawing threw the cuffs again. Until I felt it give around his wrists and shot him a look until he nodded. I slipped a dart from my boot and shot it at the only guard. Looking around I saw no cameras and pulled Fitz up. I placed my hands on his shoulders. He looked nervous and I nodded to him.

"Okay I'll go first. Take this." I said handing his a gun. "Don't shoot me." I said to him. I then licked my lips. "Protect yourself." I said to him and he only stared at the gun.

"What about-"

"I said protect yourself and get out. Make yourself a tracker on the S.H.I.E.L.D frequency." I said and grasped his shoulder. He shook his head with glossy eyes.

"I don't leave my team mates behind." He said and laced his fingers with mine. I nodded to him and took my hand from his before leading around the corner. I saw no one and no cameras. "I can create a frequency to jam all cameras." Fitz said to me and I nodded.

"This can't be this easy." I said looking at a door.

"It's not." I turned around with a gun up. I saw a man around the age of 50 and weighted about 150 pounds. He was half bald and was alone. I narrowed my eyes and pushed Fitz behind me.

"What do you want?" I asked with the real gun to his head. Fitz placed a hand on my hip and I moved back a few inches.

"Is this your boyfriend?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes. I felt like laughing. Fitz's hand tightened on my hip and I felt him pull his gun. I kicked my foot back to him. He sighed.

"No. Just a team mate." I said and he laughed. He ran his hand over his chin. He licked his lips and reached his hand to his pocket. I narrowed my eyes before shooting a bullet at his, hitting his arm. Then Fitz shot and he froze.

"Nice shot." I smirked and we took off running. This man did not have good security at all. I jumped over a railing and watched as Fitz ran down the stairs. I smiled with a chuckle.

"Did you get the tracker-" A jet hovered over us and as the hatch opened I saw Skye and Simmons. "Never mind." Fitz smirked and jumped onto the flat. I followed him into the plane.

"What the hell happened out there?" Coalson yelled and both Fitz and I looked at the ground. I glanced at him and smiled at me. "You two my office. Now." I sighed and pulled the small tube out of my boot and tossed it on Coalsons desk.

"Got it." I said with a smirk. Coalson slammed his hands on his desk while his breathing was rough.

"That's not the point Collins! You not only disobeyed direct orders but you put another agents life in danger!" I crossed my arms and looked at my feet. I knew I didn't want to be on a team.

"Sir if I may interject-"

"No Fitz."

"Sir it was my idea. Agent Collins stayed with me for back up." Coalsons eyes widened in shock. I bit my lip and looked at Coalson and Fitz. Coalson looked shocked.

"W-what did you say Fitz?" Coalson asked with his arms crossed. His eyes were hard and his body rigid.

"Sir it was my idea. Collins just wanted to keep me safe like he promised." Fitz flashed a smile at me and I felt a pain in my chest. I closed my eyes. Don't get attached. Coalson glanced at us and sighed.

"Don't let it happen again Fitz." He licked his lips and pressed the palms of his hands to the table. "Go." We both left the room and Fitz looked at me for a moment before walking away. I chased after him.

"Hey," I caught his arm and he smiled at me. I dropped my hand from his arm. "thank you, for standing up for me." I licked my lips, which I had found was a nervous habit of mine, before glancing back up at him with crossed arms. "No ones ever done that before." He smiled.

"We're a team." His hand landed on my shoulder. "It's what we do." Fitz turned to walk away hour turned to look at me, his mouth wide open. "It's Leo- Leopold Fitz." I smiled and tapped my foot.

"Eva-" I bit my lip. "Eva Collins." He smiled and began to walk back to the lab.

////////
A/N

I like this chapter it's cute and shows development of their relationship.

Instagram: @morganallen._ @princess.odair

Twitter: @carrotqueen459