16

Eva's POV
(6 Months Later)

To be completely honest I wasn't sure how long I had been on vacation. And I didn't even care. All I knew was I felt loads better and would remain better if I didn't have to see Coalson and his team. But as alway I had spoke I soon.

"Coalson." I stammered as I pulled to door ope to see him, Fitz and a man I had never seen before. He was African-American with a slight after shave, he was at least a foot taller than Fitz. He was sting built was I was sure he was a field agent.

"Hello Agent Collins, can we come in?" I glanced at Fitz. I then nodded, moving aside for them to come in. Fitz didn't look at me, only clenched that stupid tablet to his chest and glared at the ground. "Oh this is Trip." Trip nodded to me with a great smile.

"Why are you here?" I asked as we all took seat in the living room. I shut off the TV but leaned over the table just incase I needed and safety button. Coalson smirked.

"Fury tells me your doing better." I nodded slowly and gripped my hands. "And we'd like you to rejoin the team." I narrowed my eyes. Sure I was better but I also knew that if I joined the team again I was sure to be hated but most. Also didn't feel like whiplash. I opened my mouth to decline but looked and Fitz and sighed.

"Coalson will all do respect-" I stopped when I saw Fitz move his gaze to the ground. He also gripped the tablet he had. "I-I'm just not sure Sir." He sighed and put his hands together.

"What if we gave you your own team?" I looked at him wide eyed. I couldn't be responsible for anyone other than myself. I needed missions alone. I closed my eyes.

"Sir I don't think that's a good idea and-" I took a deep breath. " I just can't be responsible for anyone other than myself. I've been trained to watch my back-"

"Well you did a great job protecting me." Fitz said with a smile and narrowed eyes. I closed my eyes tight.

"Coalson I would prefer to be on your team than to have my own." I said as it became obvious to me that I was going to be on a team. Coalson nodded and tossed me a badge.

"Fitz, stay with her while she packs. In an hour the bus takes off so be on it or stay in- Peru." Coalson said glancing around the room. Trip patted Fitz's shoulder before leaving with Coalson. I sighed and made my way to my room. The one that was bigger than the shoe box on the bus I would be going back too.

I shoved clothes in the bag. Clothes I had had before, new clothes. I had had a lot of space in my closet before but now I wouldn't. I grabbed the small box that reminded me of good times and slipped it in the bag. Grabbed my essentials. Then I took one of my guns and placed it on top before zipping the bag with a sigh.

"Hey." Fitz whispered and came close to me again. His body pressed to my back. I wasn't sure what had happened over the six months I was gone but he seemed more confident with me. "You alright?" I shrugged and pushed away from him. He sighed.

"You've changed." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me. "You seem more-" I searched for the word. "confident." I stated.

"And that's so bad?" He said while resting on the wall. His arms contracting. "Eva?" I let out a shaky breath. He then rapped his arms around my waist. His head rested on my shoulder.

"I don't want to hurt anyone again Leo." I said placing on hand on his hands. He smiled ad nuzzled my neck.

"Your not going to." He whispered and I closed my eyes. He placed his head on the scar that ran down my jaw. Fury had had the detonator taken out off my jaw leaving. I closed my eyes and sighed with a nod. "Here." He said taking the bag from my hand.

********

"Collins?" I looked up from my bed where I had been unpacking to see Simmons. I smiled and she rapped her arms around my body. Pulling me to her. She was hugging me tight.

"Hi Simmons." I said patting her back. I then saw May. I smiled and went to hug her. May didn't change her face until she looked me in the eyes. She had never been one to talk. "Skye." I said as she came towards me. She hand bounced off my face as she slapped me. My head cranked around, and I stood there shocked. Then she left.

"Dang girl." I looked up and saw Trip. I smiled and went back to unpacking. "So your the girl." I looked up with raised eyebrows. Pausing for only a moment. "The one that stole Fitz's heart and left." Stole his heart? Yeah right.

"Trip I don't know what you've heard but." I stopped. "That's not the story. I fell for him then left." I said in a small voice. I could feel my eyes becoming glossy.

"Whatever you say." He said, pushing his body off the doorway and left. I went to set my essentials on my night stand and froze. There was a necklace. I slowly picked it up. I turned over the small star shaped necklace.

'-Leo'

////////
A/N

What's going on with Fitz and Eva...... KISS SOON

Instagram: @morganallen._ @princess.odair

Twitter: @carrotqueen459