Chapter 11: New Years

//KAIVO'S POV//

It's been a few days since the Christmas party. Okay, it's New Years. Next year, 2016, all the girls will be marrying them. The ex host club of Ouran. Now that I think about it.... Maybe we should visit Ouran! For fun! You know... but they're probably on winter break.

I walked around the house to bump into Hoshiko. "Hoshiko what's wrong?" I asked worried. "What's wrong? We're going to get married to the Hitachiins in 2 months! That's what's wrong!" she said exasperatedly as she sat down the nearest chair. I took a seat beside her, "Oh it's not that bad. I remember in high school you liked Hika-"

"Shut up." she said, cutting me off. I gave a small giggle, suddenly I remembered that tomorrow kids would be back at school (A/N: LET'S PRETEND SO THEN WE CAN KEEP THE PLOT GOING XD) so I have plans to talk with the assistant headmaster, also known as our Uncle, and asked if we could visit.

Like what if there's a new host and hostess club. We might never know. Until tomorrow that is! But that's tomorrow.

Today is today, and today is New Years Eve! And as mother always says, "If you don't kiss someone at the stroke of midnight, you're going to be lonely." and trust me when I say this, she will force us to kiss Hikaru and Kaoru.

They can fight it all they want, but she is scary when she wants what she wants. Whatever she wants, she gets. She wanted twins, she got twins, she wanted a boy, she got a boy, and ohhhhhhh. If she wants her daughters to kiss at the stroke of midnight, you best believe she's going to get it.

Which I'm slightly worried about because... wE'RE GOING TO BE GOING TO MY GRANDMA'S HOUSE FOR IT. Her house is huge, and huge houses means huge parties, and huge parties mean there are going to be tons of people there. It may not seem as scary, but just imagine the ball at Ouran... Okay? Now imagine that 5 times the size. Got it? Okay. Then imagine that ball to be full of people that know you, and whatever happens in that ball they will never let you live it down. See? It's terrifying.

* Anyways let's time skip to night because you know. THE ACTION HAPPENS AT NIGHT *

//HOSHIKO'S POV//

It was not about half past seven, which in regular words 7:30 PM. I was getting ready when I cOULDN'T ZIP UP THE ZIPPER ON THE DRESS GOD DAMN-
suddenly I heard the door open. I looked over to see Hikaru and-... wait a minute tHIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

I saw him facepalm, "This is like, the second time I've knocked on a door, open it, and see this." he says, gesturing to my 'trying to zip the zipper' form. I sighed, "I don't need your sarcasm, okay?! Can you just help me." I said, mumbling the last part. He gave a light chuckle and walked over behind me.

I moved my hair, and waited. (A/N: I can already feel the sexual tension in this room) Suddenly the nostalgic feeling of him grabbing the zipper came. As he slowly pulled it up, he brought me closer, and closer, to the point where I could feel his breath on my neck. One of his arms was wrapped around my waist, unlike last time when only his hand was on my waist, not wrapping it around. The minute he reached the top of the zipper I thought he was would just... you know... let go and act like nothing happened.

Although... he just lingered there. Pulling me closer to the point where my back was touching his chest. He softly turned me around so I could see him. His amber eyes weren't as narrow as it usually was. Then I realized that I was unconsciously leaning forward, and I saw he was too until-

"You two kids aren't kissing until midnight~" I heard a familiar voice say as I snapped out of my trance. I looked over to see my mother with a smirk on her delicate features. It seemed as if though Hikaru snapped out of it too, as he let go of me and explained he was just "helping an idiot like her (me) how to zip up a zipper." Where my mother just giggled and left the room.

I groaned, "What was that for Hikaru!" I screamed. "I'm sorry okay! I'm a hormonal teenage boy!" He said as he made an 'X' shape with his arms as if to protect himself. "Sure~ that was totally it! The hormones! OH! The hormones! wHAT ARE YOU ON?! YOUR PERIOD?!" I shouted at him, to which he covered my mouth.

"Just shut up okay? Tonight we have to look like we're a real couple. Everyone's families will be there." he said seriously. "Everyone's?" I said questionably. "Everyone's. My family, your family, Tamaki's family, Hatsu's family, Honey's family. And way. Way. More." he said. My eyes widened.

Everyone's family? Everyone? I stood there, frozen (IN THE LIFE OF CHOSEN //slapped//) until Hikary started to drag me towards the limousine outside the was waiting for us.

* time skip *

The minute we got there... It was packed. It was like we were at a red carpet. There were limousines, lights, paparazzi. I don't even understand. I looked over to see the gigantic mansion that was my grandmother's. We walked into the ballroom to see it was full, but spacious enough where people can still walk about casually. It was... crowded. Crowded would be a better word to describe it.

I decided to go out onto one of the vacant balconies to rid myself from the party. I looked at my diamond encrusted watch to see that it was now 11:45... Which meant 15 minutes until midnight. Which would mean that by this time... my mother would put her plan in action, and no matter how and or what... she will make me and Kaivo kiss Hikaru and Kaoru. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. Taking in the nightly breeze.

I felt a warmth on my shoulder as I quickly looked behind me to see a silhouette of Hikaru. I sighed, "What do you want Hikaru?" I asked. "Nothing much really... Just wanted to get fresh air... I guess." he sad as he went to the railing of the balcony, that looked over my grandmother's rose garden.

I walked over to him and looked over it as well. "Where's Kaoru?" I asked, to which he responded with, "He's in the crowd somewhere. Being him, he probably is right beside your sister as he greets some guests here and there." he said as he exhaled.

I looked at the watch again to realize that it was now 11:55 and that there were only 5 more minutes remaining of this year. I let out a slight sigh as me and Hikaru continued to look over the fire fly lighted rose garden.

Suddenly I heard the booming voices confined from I inside, 35! 34! 33!, I gave a slight giggle and turned over to Hikaru. "Hey Hikaru?" I said. 30! "Yeah?" he responded. 28! "You know how I never really say nice things to you..." I took a pause as I looked over to him as we made eye contact. 23! "Yeah..." he said. 21! 20! 19! "Throughout everything that has happened to us..." 17! 16! "Even though we don't really get along and we don't want to be in this stupid arranged marriage..." I continued. 13! 12! 11! "I just wanted to say....." 9! "Out of everyone here..." 8! "I'm glad I'm spending the last seconds of 2015 with you." I said, as he smiled, cupping my face in his hands. 5! 4! "Me too." he responded. As we both started to lean in. 3! 2! and it was as if the space between us did not exist as the lays thing we heard was a 1! Happy New Year! as they let the fireworks go off making the sky light up with many colors.

But that wasn't my focus right now, the only thing I'm focusing on is a guy named Hikaru Hitachiin.

CHAPTER END
---
.
.
That was hard to right XD. My heart just kept tightening with suspense. And then the countdown. And then, it was a heart wrenching okay?
.
.
Anyways I hoped you liked the chapter! I think this was one of my favorites. Which I'm just saying this now. I left you in a cliffhanger, and I might write more about the other couples' kisses, but right now I was aiming for Hoshiko and Hikaru since tbh they're the main characters for this book.
.
Instagram: jumiemun
.
Jillian💕