Chapter Thirteen

Thank you for all the name suggestions! I'll let you know who's name won in the chapter that the character comes in to :))) I SAW JUSTIN THE OTHER DAY AND HE WAS LIKE 3 FEET AWAY FROM ME HE WAS PERF OKAY IM CRYING.

--

Their first date had gone well, and Louis couldn't keep the smile off of his face. Harry was trying, and that's all he could ask for.

However, he had received a rather crude message from the curly-haired lad, informing Louis that he was "a fucking cock loving twat" for not kissing Harry. Pleasant.

Liam and Zayn had knocked on his door several times that night and a few the next morning, trying and failing to squeeze details of the date out of him. Of course, they still didn't know who he'd gone out with.

"Lou!" Zayn called, fist pounding on the door. "Come on, mate. Give me something."

Louis sighed, contemplating his options. He could either keep his mouth shut and have them up his ass all day, or he could spit a few details and hope they would leave him alone.

"Alright," He sighed. "It was so magical and romantic and I felt like fairy dust should've been falling from my ass and classical music should've been playing in the background," He said, putting on the girly-est voice he could think of. "Now get away from my door before you dent it!"

"That's my door, thank you very much," Liam shouted through the oak.

"Zayn! Tell your boyfriend to un-knot his granny panties!"

"I don't even wear panties!"

"Well," Zayn began. "You did that one time when-"

"Nope!" The Doncaster lad cuts him off abruptly. "What did I tell you about the conversations you only have in your room?"

A chuckle was heard from the other side of the door before Zayn left, muttering to Liam about how they would finish their conversation later.

Louis decided that maybe he should give Harry a call to discuss what should happen next.

Harry picked up on the second ring, breathless and raspy. "Hello?"

"Hello?" Louis chuckles. "Were you just having sex?"

Harry chuckles. "I don't see how I could've since you're at Liam's."

"Cheeky. What are you doing?"

"Talking to you, duh."

"Oh my god, stop."

The curly haired lad barks out another laugh. "What are you doing?"

Louis pauses, all confidence from earlier disappearing with each second. "I was just calling to see where we are."

"We're in a good place, Lou. I think we're happy."

"Yeah," Louis smiles. "I hope you are."

"Of course I am," Harry replies honestly. "I'm working really hard at getting over...whatever this was."

"I know."

"So, since our last date went so well, I was thinking, maybe another tomorrow?"

"Yeah," The Doncaster lad smiles. "I'd love that."

"Great, I'll pick you up tomorrow at six," Harry says, something new shining in his tone.

Happiness, Louis decides. It's happiness.

--

Louis is ready at promptly 5:56 the next evening. He waits by the door with his shoes on and phone in hand.

Liam walks through the living room with a basket full of freshly washed laundry in his hands. He whistles as he walks, pausing when he turns his head and sees Louis' anxious form waiting by the door.

"Going somewhere?" He asks, eyebrows knitting together.

The blue eyed boy's head snaps up in surprise. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, I have a date."

"Another one?"

"Yeah, we really hit it off."

"Hm," Liam nods, placing the basket on the couch. "What did you say this fellow's name was?"

"I never said. But he's here, so I better go."

"Wait, why don't you invite him in?"

Louis scoffs, one hand on the door knob. "I know better than to let a guy I like meet you, Leeyum."

The Wolverhampton man rolls his eyes. "Why can't I meet him?"

"Because it's our second date. Now, goodbye."

Liam stares as the door slams shut, rolling his eyes once more. He swears if Louis wasn't his best mate, he'd kick his ass for slamming his door.

He was really excited that Louis was getting back out there, but he was nervous as well. Louis loved too easily and fell too hard and hurt every time.

He distinctly remembers the day Louis brought Harry over, hand grasping the older lad's tightly and introducing him as his boyfriend. Liam had pulled Louis into the kitchen and warned him to be careful because Harry was well, Harry. Liam bites his lip before reaching for his phone.

He dials a number he's only ever called twice and waits for an answer.

"Hello?"

He bites his lip again. "Hello, Niall? It's Liam Payne."

--

Harry holds Louis' hand as they drive, something he rarely does. Harry won't tell Louis where they're going, but he watches the street signs as they progress, trying to piece it together.

"The fair," Louis concludes. "Cliché little Harry Styles is taking me to the fair!"

Harry groans, tossing his head back against the seat as he takes a sharp left. "How did you know?"

"The sign back there said fairgrounds."

"I knew I should've blindfolded you."

Louis plasters a shit eating grin on his face. "Yeah, you should've."

Harry sighs. "I thought it would be romantic."

"Oh it is," Louis grins. "It's also really fucking cheesy."

"Fuck off."

"Fuck me."

"Right now? I mean maybe after when I take you home, but-"

The older boy laughs like a maniac at this, tossing his head back as Harry paid for a pass and parked the car. The two walked hand in hand towards the food, checking out all the selections.

"What do you want?" Harry asks, giving Louis' hand a squeeze.

"Hm," The blue-eyed boy mumbled as he looked around. "Ooh! Candy floss?"

"Sure," The younger boy smiled as the couple made their way to purchase the sweet treat.

"What can I get you?" A worker grinned.

"One cotton candy, thanks."

"Sure, what color?"

"Oh, it doesn't-"

"Purple!" Louis shrieks, eyes wide as he stares at Harry in bewilderment. "I won't touch it if it's not!"

"Don't be such a drama queen!" Harry cackles, doubling over to grab his stomach as the worker moved to grab a bag.

"Harry, would you kindly shut the fuck up?" Louis scowls. "You know what happened with the pink kind."

"The giraffe was just being friendly," The curly-haired lad chuckled again, kissing Louis on the temple.

"Here you are!" The overly cheerful woman smiled.

Harry grabbed the bag and handed to Louis behind him, digging out his wallet for a few notes.

"Oh," The worker mumbled in understanding. "No charge."

"Really?" Harry's brow furrowed.

"Yeah, it's on the house. I mean, your friend is really cute."

And Louis, who was busy eating a piece of the candy floss, turned his gaze to rest on the lady. "Me?"

She sent a wink in his direction after leaning forward so her low cut shirt fell even lower.

Harry choked on a laugh as he pulled Louis away from the booth.

"I'm gay!" The older lad screeched at the top of his lungs. "Fix your gaydar!"

"Sh!" Harry chuckled as he bought them tickets to ride the ferris wheel.

"You board next," The carnie grumbled, pulling a cigarette from his pocket.

--

"I had fun tonight," Louis smiles as Harry slots himself between his legs.

They're outside Liam's flat, Louis pressed up against the hood of the Audi and Harry hovering above, hands roaming over the shorter boy's sides.

"Me too," Harry mumbles, mouthing at Louis' jaw and neck. The older lad winds his arms around Harry's waist.

Louis sighs. "Are you needy tonight?"

Harry pulls back to meet his eyes. "No. I just want you. Want you all the god damn time, it's so bad."

The blue-eyed boy gives a soft smile before pecking him on the lips. "I have to go. Liam's probably getting suspicious.

"Mm," Harry hums, engulfing him in his arms one last time. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah."

And with one more kiss, or four more really, Louis is crossing the street and heading up the stairs and disappearing and Harry feels empty already.

"Night, Lou."