Chapter Four

Dedicated to @Deziray187 because she comments every time and she's beautiful and akdjdkdjd <3 Featured song is "One More Night" by Maroon 5. Please read my new book "Fighting The Feelings (Larry Stylinson) and also my boyxboy 1D one-shots!

-,-

Everything was going good, for the first week.

Harry was being a good boyfriend, cleaning the house so Louis didn't throw his back out again, he claimed. He cooked, so Louis could relax, Harry shrugged.

Wait a second, when the hell did Louis throw his back out?

"Harry, seriously. Let me do something. I mean, when are you going to work?" Louis asked.

Harry shrugged, "Zayn's giving me some time off to get myself sorted."

Louis sighed. "Can I at least cook dinner tonight?"

"Sure, baby. I mean, if that's what'll make you happy?" Louis nodded gratefully.

So, Louis headed to the kitchen to grab Harry a beer and to shove him down on the couch to watch football, or whatever, anything to keep him out of his hair.

Once his boyfriend was situated, Louis trudged back in to the kitchen to cook up their meal. Just as he was sauteèing the chicken, the phone rang.

"I got it!" Louis called to Harry. "Hello?"

"Hey, Lou!" Liam called from the other end of the reciever. "Your mum called and told me you went back with Harry a couple nights ago? What the hell are you thinking?"

Louis sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't in the mood to explain his actions to someone who wouldn't--couldn't--understand. "Listen, it's not a big deal, it's just-"

"No!" Liam spits angrily. "It's a huge deal, Louis. I talked to you about him and your relationship and you melting like putty in his hands is not what we discussed. Do you really think just falling in to his arms is going to teach him anything?"

Louis scoffed. "Your acting like he's a dog that isn't potty trained, Li."

"Don't joke about this, Louis! This isn't a time for being funny! You dying isn't funny!"

The Doncaster lad choked on his own spit, a mixture of laughter and coughing coming out of his mouth. "Me dying?! Bloody hell, Liam, what do you think he does? Put a gun to my head and tie me up?"

"He did, incase you've forgotten," Liam voice spoke, the words hard and cold.

"Okay, Liam, but he was high and that was one time."

"What the hell is wrong with you, Louis? What the hell is wrong! You don't bloody even care about your own life! Your sitting here defending this bastard of a boyfriend you have! Is he listening in? Is that why you're acting this way? Maybe I should just call up Jay and tell her what's going on!"

Louis' blood boils. "Don't you dare! Don't you dare say a word to my mum! I mean it, Liam, I'll murder you with my own two hands! I will choke the bloody living daylights out of you if you breathe a word to her or my dad!"

"Why?" The Wolverhampton boy taunts, he voice cold and cruel. "Afraid something will happen to precious wittle Harry? Afraid mummy will come down and defend her darling wittle boy?"

"Why do you not get it? Why? Why do you not understand? Why? Why, why, why, why, why, Li? Why can't you just understand how much I love him? Why can't you understand that no matter what happens, I can't stay away? Why don't you get that he's the only one there for me?"

Liam sighs, his heart melting like a snowman in the scorching sun. "I'm here for you, Lou. You know I a-"

"You're not!" Louis cried, desperately grasping at his wind-swept locks to try and relieve his frusteration. "You're always with that new bloke! That-that Zayn fellow! You hardly see me, my mum and dad don't bother calling, Niall is always out promoting, and I have no one but Harry!"

Liam quiets, his breathing the only audible sound being spoken in to Louis' ear. Louis can barely hear the soft crinkling over the loud thump of his pulse in his ears.

"I'm sorry," Liam whispers.

Louis jumps at the feel of a hand on his shoulder and turns to face Harry. Harry sticks out a hand, gesturing for the white phone held in a vice grip by even whiter knuckles. Louis hesitantly passes it over.

"Liam," Harry speaks into the reciever, his voice hard and monotone. "Louis has to go."

Liam panics, gasping out loud as he processes what this must mean. "D-don't you touch him! Don't-do-don't hurt him or I swear, I'll-"

"What the fuck is your problem?" Harry snaps, his eyebrows knitting together in anger. "If anyone's hurting Louis right now, it's you! I took the phone from him because talking to you was just upsetting him! Why don't you just stay out of our lives?"

And with that, the phone was slammed back on to the hook, and Harry pulled Louis from the kitchen, up the stairs, and into their bedroom.

The green-eyed man exhaled, tilting his head to look into the cerluean-colored eyes that he knew so well. "I think we need to talk, Lou."

And neither one even cared that the chicken was burning downstairs.