Chapter Two

Hello! Thanks so much for reading! This chapter is dedicated to @1DAwesomenessX because of her amazing comments! She made my day! The featured song of this chapter is "Wild Ponies" by Kellie Pickler.
---

When Harry woke up alone the next morning, he wasn't surprised. But, when he woke up alone in his own bed, he was shocked. Not many nights did he wake up in his house, because he was usually in a stranger's home, most times the person he chose as his late night hook-up from the club.

Harry was surprised when he walked downstairs and didn't see Louis anywhere. He knew Louis didn't work today, so where could he have gone?

He checked everywhere: the living room, the bathroom, even the pool. But Louis wasn't there. Harry shrugged it off, thinking the older boy had gone out for a jog, or possibly to the grocery store. He wasn't to worried about what Louis was up to.

So the curly-haired lad strutted off to the kitchen to find himself some breakfast. After searching through the refrigerator, he settled on making an egg omelet.

Cracking the eggs in the pan, he turned on the television to watch it while he waited. The news channel just so happened to be on.

While he watched the news, the telephone rang, causing Harry to groan in annoyance. There was no way he was going to get up to take a call from someone who was just going to piss him off.

After 52 seconds of the phone ringing-Harry counted-the answering machine came on and the person began to leave their message. Harry stiffened as he heard the voice.

"Hi Harry," Louis began. "You must not be awake yet since you didn't answer, and that might be a good thing. I couldn't bare to tell you this to your face. I'm sorry Harry, but I'm leaving. I don't how long I'll be gone, maybe two weeks? Maybe forever. I love you, and I want you to know that. But I just can't handle your temper anymore. I know you don't mean it Harry, because you tell me every time, but it's getting harder and harder to believe it. And, I'm just so tired. I'm tired of all this pain you cause me. I love you so much Harry, but I just don't think you really love me. The problem is Harry, you're too stubborn and selfish. You don't listen to me when I try and keep you from having another episode. You go out and get drunk and have all these one night stands, and I forgive you. I guess that's another problem, though. I'm too stupid. So I guess I'm not sorry that I'm leaving you, because now I can start living for myself. Good-bye, Harry."

Harry couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe his ears as he played the message again, and again, and then four, five, six more times. He couldn't believe that Louis had left him in the middle of the night. What was Harry supposed to do without him? Louis was Harry's everything, he meant so much to him. He couldn't leave. He just couldn't.

Harry paced back and forth in the kitchen, running a hand through his curls and letting out a shaky breath. Where could Louis have gone? To Liam's? To Niall's? No. Louis would only go one place when he was trying to get away. He would've gone home. His old home. Home to his mother.

-,-

Louis sighed as he lay on his old bed in his old room, hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling. He had just arrived home a couple of hours ago, and his mum was convinced he was taking a nap. But Louis was wide awake, thinking, wondering if he had made the right decision by leaving Harry.

Of course Harry hit him, and that was a flaw that he had. But everyone had flaws, so shouldn't they be over-looked?

He had let Liam convince him to go home. Liam claimed that maybe some time away would help Harry realize that violence was never okay. Liam was Louis' best friend, and he cared so dearly about him, and Liam was always right. He was the most sensible and the most careful, always thinking everything through, weighing the pro's and the con's.

Louis was the complete opposite. He was a loose cannon, always making rash decisions and usually regretting them later on, but who cares because he always finds a way to make the mistakes work out.

Harry, now Harry was a different story. This boy was the most confusing human being on this planet. He loved Louis-so he said-but he beat him. He was a family man-so he said-but he cheated on Louis at least once a week. Harry wanted to be a singer-so he said-but he refused to let Zayn sign him. Louis didn't know what to think about all of Harry's mood swings, and he certainly didn't know how to cope with all the bullshit anymore.

So here he was, back in Doncaster with his mum and dad. He hadn't told them why he had suddenly appeared at their doorstep without any notice, but he assumed they would make up some explanation for themselves.

"Louis?" His mother's voice called, shaking him from his thoughts. "Sweetie, are you awake?"

He sat up as she entered the room, gently pushing open the old oak door as it squeaked on it's hinges, protesting the force.

"Yeah, mum."

"I'm making dinner, you should come and eat, yeah?"

"Yeah."

With that, Jay left her son's room, headed downstairs to serve up the spiced chicken with a white wine sauce and whipped-cranberry delight for dessert. Louis mustered up his strength and pushed himself off of the plush bed, walking through the hall and down the stairs to join his family in the dinning room.

-,-

The Tomlinson's never eat in the dinning room, apart from special occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. So when their son decided to come home for the first time in two long years, it was no question where they would dine. Though their son would never say, they knew that his boyfriend, Harry, was the one keeping him away. So for their son to be here tonight, they knew something bad must have gone down.

But Louis hadn't breathed a word about it, so maybe Louis had just come on his own free will. Just a spur of the moment decision to suprise his parents with a visit. Not that they were complaining, because they were estatic to see their only son.

The meal was quiet, just a small amount of dialouge being exchanged throughout the table. They talked of what had happened since Louis had been away, and what could be expected for the future. They had finally gotten their son to open up to them to the point where they were having a delightful time, laughter and everything, when the doorbell rang.

"Oh, excuse me for a moment," Jay said, standing from the table. "We weren't expecting company tonight, Lou. I'll be right back."

Louis nodded, smiling, before striking up a conversation with his father about sports and politics and all of this other guy stuff that Jay had no interest in hearing about.

She made her way down the front hall and to the grand entrance, pulling open the large front door. She was shocked to be met with a head full of lucious brown curls, falling wildly around his face as if he was in a frantic mess, green orbs bright with alertness, and mouth speaking words so hurridly that Jay thought she might have missed a few.

"Hello, Mrs. Tomlinson. Is Louis here?"

Jay frowned, her eyebrows creasing together. "Why, of course he is. But, I expected you would already know that..."

Now, Harry frowned. "Did he tell you why he's here?"

"No...? Is there something you would like to tell me, Harry?"

"No," Harry said sternly, shaking his head. "Now, may I please speak to Louis?"

Jay nodded, opening the door wider so Harry could step in. She left him standing there on the rug as she made her way to the dinning room, calling over her shoulder, "One moment, please."

She turned through the french doors, directing her attention to her son. "Louis, Harry is here."

Louis choked on the sip of water he had just taken, coughing and wheezing as he scrambled to catch his breath. "He's what?"