Chapter Eight

Hi!

A week passes, I've never spoke to Freed again, nothing's changed with my Mom, and I still haven't found Juvia. I think grimly of all these things, as I sit in my desk blocking out whatever words are coming out of my teachers mouth.

I stick my hand in my pocket, and feel the crumpled sheet of paper that revealed my Dad's location. I haven't seen the man in about six years. I tired to paint a picture of him in my mind, nothing came up. The only thing I remember is him having my name tattooed on his wrist.

Should I go?

Will he even remember me?

What about he's not even there?

What's there to be afraid of? I think to myself finally.

I'm going.
*•*•*•

"Lake pine, huh?" I muttered to myself while staring down at scrap of paper. I've walked for about twenty minutes, and ended up in the more rundown part of town. I was sure in Lake Pine.

"Where the hell is this address?" I knew it was a place, but I couldn't find it. I see a lady dressed in all white walking her dog, so I stomp up to her.

"Excuse me Miss, do you know where this place is?" I ask the woman who stopped in her tracks.

"Oh! Of course, I donate there all the time honey!" She babbles back.

"Okay, um...how do I get there?"

"Oh! Just go up to that forest, you see?" She points to a forest that was behind us.

"There's a trail go down that, and there's the place you're looking for. It's as big as day, you can't miss it!"

I smile at her and nod my head.

"Thanks." I say, I then pace away.

*•*•**

The lady was right. There was a huge, rundown brick building that laid in the middle of the woods. I strolled up to the steps, and my eyes immediately glanced up to the plate on the door.

Foster Home For Special Children.

"Why would my Dad be at a foster home?" I wondered out loud. Maybe this was the wrong address, maybe it wasn't. There was no turning back now.

I knock on the door.

A woman opens it, she looks startled once she sees me, as if she'd seen ghost appear before her. "Hi" I say to the lady who was now breathing heavily.

"Ummm, hi." The lady calls, avoiding eye contact.

"May I come in?" She's been looking at the floor this whole time. She takes a gulp, and finally glares up at me. Her un-startled, dark eyes reminded me of someone...myself.

"Why? Why are you here?" She questions.

"To see my Dad." I tell her the truth.

"...Gray..." The lady voice cracks.

"How did..." I then yank her hand, I automatically gaze to her arm, there it was my name in fancy cursive print imprinted on her pale wrist.

"Dad?!" I exclaimed thinking I was in a dream. I felt as if I were Alice who found herself in a strange, new, peculiar world.

"How about you come in for tea?"

*•*•*•

She then tells me it all, how she confessed to my Mom about her longing to be a woman, and how my Mom was embarrassed to have me as a son by some tranny. How my Mom told me that my Dad went off to the Military because of this embarrassment. My Dad also told me that her sister owned this place, but died of cancer so she came over to take care of this orphanage.

"It's Friday. How about you stay for the weekend son." My Dad asked me as we sipped on tea.

"Sure I'd like that."

"That's good." My Dad chuckles.

"And Dad?" I say, he looks up at me.

"You've became a very pretty woman."

She smiles.

"Why thank you."

🌺
•••••
BE PREPARED!!! *sings in scar voice, as I do the sexy hair flip that he does while he performs the song*

;))))