Chapter Thirteen

Hi.

Gray POV:

"Let's go there." Juvia says, I stare at her intently, trying to read her. It's as if I was staring at a portrait though, her face conveyed one emotion.

"Why?" I ask, my throat beginning to hurt. Juvia eyes locked onto mine, as if she knew exactly where she was looking. I knew what I was about to do was stupid.

"Let's go."
~•••~•~••~

It was chilly out, we both stood on the bridge hand in hand looking down at the deep river.

"Gray?"

I look at the now dark hair girl, and wait for her to continue.

"Do you want to die?"

I start to feel my whole body shake, and it wasn't just the chilly air that was breezing against me. I take my hand out of hers, and walk closer to the bridge, my footsteps heard by every creak of as I stepped on the wood.

"My mom jumped off here...I wasn't born blind...I miss being able to see the world."

I turn around to face Juvia and I see her pale face heat up.

"My Dad hated me cause I looked like her, he dropped drain cleaner into my eyes when I was three...then he let his friends play with me." I was in shock and I didn't know what to say, I knew she wasn't finished so I left her continue.

"When I was fifteen, I became pregnant..." I feel my whole body yank back, and spun around. Juvia held me and was full on crying.

"I know my baby is dead! I like to believe she's alive...she was the only thing I loved!" Her cries filled the air and I knew they would rummage through my nightmares.

I've never felt such an ache in my heart before, I didn't know this feeling was actually real...I thought it was just in books and movies.

"I want to be at peace." Juvia wails.

"I need to jump off this bridge...I need happiness."

That's when I feel the tears fill up my eyes, I felt as if I was looking at me. We both wanted to die for the same reasons, we both wanted that happiness.

"Thank you for listening to my stupid, pathetic ass."

Juvia starts to run towards the ledge of the bridge but the moment she passes me I grab her and fling her into my lap as we fall to ground.

"I want to die too." I loudly fumble trying to find the right words. I could feel her tears wetting my arms, they were heavy like the raindrops of a storm.

"But...we can't find happiness after death, we find nothing."

"I have no family or friends though, I have nothing here but pain, I've rather be dead than alive." Juvia cries out.

"I'll be your friend." I say with the truest words I have spoken in a long time. We then spent the next hours sitting there crying, and as the park started to get crowded they gave us looks that anyone would give if they saw two teens sitting on the side of a bridge huddling against one another as they bawl their eyes out.

But I didn't care, my goal just a few hours ago was to apologize to Juvia and then go kill myself.

Now my goal is to teach both her and I that this world can still be beautiful.

It seemed hard, and even what I told Juvia, I didn't believe myself...

but I'm up to the task.

••••
Lmao they was gonna die this chapter but y'all wanted the happy route so yeah. XD