Chapter 2

Kinaumagahan

Verna and Tomas are preparing for their weekend getaway. Its past midnight when the party ended. She lacks sleep but she woke up early to prepare her and stuff.

Rachelle: Dad, are you sure ayaw niyo kaming isama ni Kit?

Tomas: Sweetie, ngayon lang naman ito. Pagbigyan mo na kami ng Mom mo. Besides, its our anniversary

Rachelle: Okay fine, but please dont forget our pasalubong.

Verna: You take care of your brother ha!

On their way to Subic..

Verna: Hon, I felt guilty. Iniwan natin ang mga bata.

Tomas: Ngayon lang naman ito Hon. And pumayag naman sila

After 3 hours, they reached their destination. Verna was mesmerized by the beauty of the place.

Verna: Who owns this place hon?

Tomas: From now on, you own this place Mrs Tuazon. I bought this place as an anniversary gift for you.

Verna: Oh my God, Im speechless!

Its a private beach house in an island in Subic. Its a very small island and remote. Hibiscus and palm trees sorrounds the island bringing out its mystic. The sand is white and the water is clear as crystal. The beauty of the island is overwhelming that Verna wanted to cry.

Tomas: "Are you okay, Hon?

Verna: I dont know, I want to cry

Tomas: But why?

Verna: (teary eyed) Because of this too much beauty I am seeing and the excessive happiness I am feeling

Tomas: My sweet wife, come here, (Tomas rested Verna's head on his shoulder and tightly embraced her) Stop being so emotional, nandito tayo para mag enjoy. Stop the drama. Halika na pumasok na tayo sa loob.

They entered the house. The interior decoration was really inviting and apt for honeymooners...romantic, cozy and intimate.

Verna: Totoo ba ito, sa atin ba talaga ito? Are we really spending the weekend here?

Tomas did not say a word but he nodded to her. Verna toured the house and look all over the place. After a while, she run to her husband and hugged him. She is crying

Verna: Why are you doing this to me? Why are you making me so happy?

Tomas: Because I love you so much, I want to make you happy every single day. I wish I could make you happy forever!

Verna: I love you too honey (and kissed Tomas on the lips.

Tomas: I'm tired hon and sleepy. Matulog muna tayo and lets stroll the island later

Tomas ushered Verna to their bedroom and the two fall asleep.

Verna woke up from her slumber. Tomas was snoring softly. Buong pagmamahal na pinagmamasdan ni Verna ang natutulog na asawa. Letting her eyes feast on the beauty that they see. Verna told herself "Napaka swerte ko na maging misis ng napaka gwapong nilalang na ito". Aware si Verna na maraming may crush sa asawa niya kahit pamilyado na itong tao. Sino ba naman kasi ang hindi magkaka crush sa isang Tomas Tuazon! Pero confident si Verna na sa 15 years nilang pagsasama never natukso si Tomas. Getting into the relationship was not easy. Tutol noon ang mga magulang niya kay Tomas dahil simpleng pamilya lang ang pinagmulan ng asawa. But Tomas worked hard to be where he is right now. A president of a multi national real estate company in the country. Tomas has also earned the trust and respect of her parents. And she is so damn proud of her husband.

Verna: (whispered to Tomas) Hon, wake up! Wake up!!

And yet there was no response from him. She moved closer to him and whispered on his ear

Verna: Please wake up!!

He was awakened slightly and yet went back to sleep. Verna gently moved on top of his husband and started kissing him. He was finally awakened by her kisses and was kissing her back.

Tomas: Nakatulog ka ba?

Verna: Yes! Bumangon ka na diyan. You promised that we will stroll the island.

Tomas: Later, but at this moment all I wanna do is to make love to my beautiful wife (Tomas said with that devilish smile on his face). Let us make love, I missed you so much!!

And Tomas started to shower him with kisses. He moved on top of her and kissed her with so much passion. And they started undressing each other. They felt nothing but bliss as they celebrated the love they have for each other. They fell in exhaustion upon reaching the climax of their lovemaking. Tomas reached for her and locked her in his arms.

Tomas:I love you so much Mrs Tuazon! (and kissed Verna on the forehead).

Verna smiled upon hearing those words and hugged him very tightly.

After their passionate lovemaking, the two decided to stroll the island. They swim and enjoyed the beauty of the island.

Sunset comes. Verna and Tomas are holding hands while watching the beauty of the sunset. Naupo sila sa dalampasigan. Verna's head are resting on Tomas' shoulder.

Verna: Hon, sana ganito tayo forever. Hangang sa pagtanda natin. Even when our hair turns grey!

Tomas: I promised you that Hon. No one can separate us.

The two had candle lit dinner by the beach. After dinner, they were cuddling each other as they entered the house.

Tomas: Nag enjoy ka ba?

Verna: Super!

Tomas: Now I think its about time to reach the heaven and the stars!

Verna smiled. She knows what he meant by those words. He stopped walking and he started kissing her on the forehead, the nose and then the lips. He lifted her and carried her to their bedroom. He lay her down slowly on the bed with their lips locked and shared burning kisses. They were touching, caressing, and exploring each other that led to another passionate lovemaking.

The next morning..

Tomas and Verna are preparing to leave for Manila.

Verna: Hon, thank you so much for this beautiful gift. Super ganda nitong private beach house na binili mo. Next time dalhin natin dito ang mga bata. They will surely love this place.

Tomas: I'm glad you like it Dana. I'll make sure na sa susunod na pagpunta natin dito kasama na ang mga bata.

Verna: By the way hon, yung isang beach house malapit sa beach house natin na nadaanan natin kanina may nakatira din ba dun? Ang ganda ng interiors ng bahay kahit simple lang.

Tomas: I dont know, hindi ko napansin. Actually I wanted to buy that small private beach house para solong solo natin yung lugar pero ayaw pumayag ng original na mayari kasi may nakabili na daw. Taga States daw nakabili.

Verna: Sino pala magbabantay sa beach house? May nakuha ka na ba na care taker?

Tomas: Meron na Hon. Coco took care of that already. Siya yung tumulong sa akin para mabili yung beach house. (referring to his most trusted assistant in the office).

Verna: I super love the place Hon. And Im sure the kids will love it too.