Sans X Reader ~New Years confession~

You trekked through the snow, dressed heavily in layers. You had a bag full of party supplies in your left hand, and another bag of small snack items in your other.

You had headed out to get some materials for the New Years party you were having tonight; and since Sans was too lazy, and Papyrus too busy trying to get some food cooked, you were the only one up to the task.

Your scarf covered the lower part of your face, and you sighed deeply as you finally reached the door to the skeleton brothers house.

You had been living with them for quite a while now, and you were beginning to feel quite comfortable around them.

As you opened the door to the house, you were greeted by the warm smell of (random favorite food item) filling the house.

You breathed in deeply, walking and placing the bags down beside the couch, which Sans slouched down in.

He grinned as you had approached, sitting up a bit more straight.

"There you are," he said. "I was beginning to wonder where you were."

"Sorry," you smiled. "I got a bit carried away with the shopping."

"I can tell," he said, eyeing the bags. "But hey, at least we get food." He shrugged.

You nodded in agreement, before looking towards the kitchen. "Is Paps still cooking?"

"Yeah," Sans stretched his arms. "He's been in there ever since you left. Since everyone is coming over for the party, I guess we need a lot of food."

"That's true. I'm going to go check in and see if he needs any help." You said before turning and walking toward the kitchen, grabbing your supplies and taking them with you.

Sans watched you go, before turning and slouching back down into the couch.

Tonight was the perfect time to make his move.

As you got into the kitchen, you spotted Papyrus placing a bowl of, you guessed it, spaghetti down onto the counter, which was already filled with different foods.

"This looks great," you breathed, placing the bags down beside the counter. "I never knew you were this good of a cook."

"THANK YOU, HUMAN!" Papyrus puffed out his chest. "IM SURE YOU'LL BE EVEN MORE AMAZED AT HOW IT TASTES."

"I'm sure I will," you agreed. It all looked really good, and you couldn't wait to dig in.

Maybe just a small taste of something how wouldn't hurt...

Smack!

As soon as you tried to sneak a piece of food, your hand was smacked away by Papyrus.

"NO!" The taller skeleton glared at you. "YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY UNTIL EVERYONE IS HERE! GO BACK TO THE LIVING ROOM WITH SANS."

You huffed before walking out of the kitchen and back to the couch where the shorter skeleton sat.

He eyed you as you sat down beside him, sighing loudly. "I'm so hungry," you groaned.

"Oh cheer up," Sans leaned closer to you, causing you to lightly blush. "At least you've got me to distract you from your hunger."

"Uh yeah," you blinked as he scooted so that he was against you, causing you to blush even deeper.

You had developed feelings for the skeleton not long ago, and being in this close of a proximity to him would normally thrill you to bits; but, not when you got so nervous.

"You're red," Sans chuckled, his eyes(or eye sockets?) glittering with triumph.

"Uh no I'm not," you quickly turned your face away. "Just... Watch TV."

Sans shrugged and did as he was told, but he glanced at you every so often, seeing that your face was still lightly pink.

~TIME SKIP~

As everyone arrived -Undyne, Alphys, and everyone else- you and Sans stayed seated on the couch, Sans still not moved from his earlier close position. He was still sitting right against you.

A few of the guests even gave you two an interested look, giggling slightly.

Sans didn't seem to mind, but you on the other hand, were getting redder by the minute.

Finally when everyone was there, you and Sans stood up, the skeleton turning towards you. "I guess we should go get food," he said casually.

"Y-yeah," you agreed, turning and walking to the kitchen with him following close behind.

After everyone had gotten their food, you and Sans sat down on the couch yet again, but not as close. Papyrus sat on Sans' other side.

As you all talked and joked, Undynes voice rose over everyone else's. "It's almost twelve!" She cheered.

"Already?" You blinked in surprise. "Time has gone by fast."

"Yeah," Sans said, not looking at you. "It really has."

It was almost his chance.

You all waited for a few moments, before the clock hit twelve and everyone cheered.

"Happy New Years!" Everyone cheered, including you and Sans.

The smaller skeleton turned to you, his face dusted with a light blue blush. "(Y/n)," he breathed, getting your attention.

"Yeah?" You looked at him curiously. "Wh-"

You were cut off as Sans leaned forward, pressing his teeth against your lips in a kiss.

Your eyes were wide for a moment, before you melted into the kiss and closed your eyes happily.

After he pulled away, you heard a few coo's and cheers from those who had saw.

"Happy New Years," he said, still blushing deeply. "I love you."

You wrapped your arms around the skeleton, sighing happily. "I love you too."