Grillby X Lonely!Reader (requested)

You walked wearily through the snow, your arms crossed as you tried to stay warm.

Your irritation with everything grew as you traveled through Snowdin, sighing deeply.

You weren't very social; then again, even if you wanted to socialize, you doubted anyone would want to put up with you.

You spotted Grillby's, the sign lit up against the evening sky.

Snow lightly fell in front of you as you approached the building; you were freezing, so you were happy as long as you could get somewhere warm.

As you entered the building, warmth filled you almost instantly, bringing a rush of relief. This would be the perfect place to hang out for a while until you felt better.

Monsters sat all around the room, one skeleton in particular sitting at the bar. A few monsters surrounded him as he spoke, and they all laughed occasionally as if he were telling jokes.

The bar tender, a flame monster, glanced up as you walked in from where he stood.

You gave a slight smile before walking over to an empty booth, sitting down and taking off your (favorite color) jacket off and placing it in the seat next to you.

A few moments later the bar tender made his way over to you, tilting his head slightly.

"Hello," he said casually. "May I get you anything?"

"Maybe a glass of (favorite drink), please." You smiled at him, and he nodded.

"I'll be right back with that."

You watched as he disappeared into a door back beside the bar, and blinked slowly.

A few moments later he reappeared with your drink, placing it down in front of you.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like anything to eat?" He asked.

"Yeah." You said softly. "Thank you, though."

As the man went back to the bar, he couldn't help but keep glancing your way as you sat silently by yourself.

"Hey Grillby," Sans' voice made him turn to look at the small skeleton. "What're you looking at?"

"Nothing," the bar tender sighed, before going back to cleaning; although he clearly had his mind elsewhere.

Sans, not convinced, narrowed his eyesockets at the bartender, but shrugged it off before taking a drink of ketchup. 

After finishing your drink you sat and rested for a bit longer, before you began to get up, slipping your jacket back on and sighing. 

Grillby watched you from afar for a moment before walking out from behind the bar, approaching you slowly. 

You turned your head toward him and smiled as he stopped in front of you. 

"It's quite cold out," The bartender stated. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to stay here for a while? You've barely had any time to warm up."

You shrugged, glancing outside at the blizzard which seemed to have come out of nowhere. 

"Well..." You began to feel a bit hesitant. If you went outside in that, you'd surely be frozen. "I may stay for a bit longer until this storm passes."

Grillby's flames seemed to glow a bit brighter for a moment, before he nodded. "I can keep you company, if you'd like."

You blushed lightly, feeling an odd feeling down in your stomach. Butterflies? Yeah, I guess thats what that feeling was. But... Why were you getting it around him?

"I'd like that," You smiled happily.

"Alright. After the last customers leave, I'll clean up and come back over here." He said, and you nodded.

"Alright."

You sat back down, watching Grillby head over to a few tables to clean them; As the last monsters left, including Sans, Grillby finished cleaning everything up and walked back over to where you were sitting, before taking a seat across from you. 

"I never asked, but what's your name?" The bartender asked, leaning himself against the table. 

"I'm (Y/n). You said happily. "And you're Grillby, right?"

"How'd you know?" He chuckled. 

You pointed with one hand outside. "The sign sort of gives it away."

You two sat and talked for a long time, before you noticed that the blizzard was beginning to calm down. 

"It's getting quite late," Grillby said, staring outside. "I have a spare room in the back, if you don't feel comfortable heading home in this."

You considered your options for a moment, before shrugging. It might be better that you stay here for the night; It was still quite cold outside you were sure, and even if you did head home, it would be extremely late when you got there. 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt," You said hesitantly; although you didn't really want to stay here alone. "But what about you?"

"I could stay here with you if you'd like." Grillby offered, almost as if he had read your thoughts. 

"I'd like that," You blushed lightly as Grillby stood and offered you a hand to help you up.

He led you into the back room, which had a nice looking bed, couch and even a small TV and dresser. 

"I'll take the couch." Grillby stated before walking over to the small couch. 

You quickly grabbed his hand without thinking, making him turn back to look at you curiously. 

"You don't have to take the couch; I could if you want. Or..." You trailed off. 

"Or?" He tilted his head.

"The bed is big enough for two-- Plus i'm pretty cold so..." You looked away from him quickly. 

Grillby looked at you for a moment before letting out a soft chuckle. "I can sleep next to you, then."

You nodded, blushing heavily before heading over to the bed and laying down. Grillby laid next to you.

Honestly, that night was the best you had slept in a long time.

((sORRY IT SUCKS I TRIED YOU GUYS))