Josh's start

Josh stared at his guitar taking slow breaths. His first show. Of course he was nervous although he was brought up in somewhat of a spotlight he was really insecure.

"What if they hate my music? M...m...my voice?" he whispered. "I can do this!......no I cant."  

He closed his eyes and tried to clear his thoughts. Matt (his best friend) would tell him something cheesy like, "just picture them in their underwear!" Josh had to laugh at the thought.

"Still second guessing your self I see." Josh spun around to see his mother standing in the door way marked main stage.  

He nodded slowly then looked down to his dark blue sneakers. He felt her hand on his shoulder, "well dont be, you'll be fine and the crowd is great." 

She kissed him on the top of his head, "I'll be out there watching so good luck" and with a slight smile she was gone. 

He sighed, "well its now or never." His heart skipped a beat when he heard a male voice proudly announce his exsitstance in the small coffe shop.

"Now ladies and gentlemen please welcome 14 year old Joshua Ramsay!!"

That was 13 years ago.

Being in that same coffee shop so many years after made Josh smile. "To think, this place....this place right here started it all for me."

He said with a proud grin. He looked over to Matt scoffing down a Blue berry muffin.

 "Would you hold off on the food dude?" Josh laughed  "you're gonna regret it! Remember that time in Calgary?"  

"So what?" Matt said almost spitting out his muffin. "you wouldn't let me eat this morning you were to excited to get here!"

The truth was, Josh was more than excited but he didnt let it show. "I'm just proud that we've come this far."

A waitress walked over to their table with a smile and polightly asked if they needed anything else. 

"Another coke zero for me please" Josh told her, returning her smile.

"dude you need to chill on the Coke!" Matt laughed

"Hey you leave me alone, food junkie."  And with that Josh threw another muffin at Matt.

"uh ow!" Matt said in a very dramatic girly voice.

"Man up, the ladies dont like to see rock stars being drama queens" Josh laughed pointing at the waitress still standing beside their table.

" Rock stars?" she asked.

"yeah were in a kick ass air band. we rock. you should come see us sometime. we are doing a battle of the air bands contest this weekend!" Matt laughed. Obviously she didnt know who they were so he decided to have some fun. 

She nervously laughed and then turned and walked back to the kitchen. 

"way to scare off the hot waitress" Josh mumbled.

"its not my fault she's living under a rock" Matt retorted

"Getting a little cocky arent we?" josh said "here eat ANOTHER muffin" he said shoving some food in matts face.