5. Jokes and Hate

I cradled her in my arms since she was exhausted. From both no sleep last night and our previous actions. My thumb moved across the back of her thigh. "And that was the last time he hit me." I listened to every word that she said. Melanie is a very lovely girl. I didn't just do this for the pleasure. I want to know more about Mel and her problems so I can help her out.

"I'm sorry about your parents. I mean, their problems. But if you don't have a job, how do you get the money?"

"My grandparents were very rich. Before they died they set their money up so that I wouldn't have to struggle. I use it for my parents." She sighed.

"I have a joke." I broke out into a smile. "Why is there no gambling in Africa?" She shrugged. "There's too many cheetahs." I couldn't help but laugh and she laughed with me.

"That joke sucked so bad its funny." I pouted my lips.

"Ok how about you give it a go?"

"Ok umm- what disease does a toilet carry?"

"I don't know. What disease?"

"Full-of-shit-itis." She doubled over in laughter and almost fell off my lap making her laugh more. "Ha and you say my jokes suck."

"They do suck. I can imagine you saying something like, the tip of the yikesburg or some shit like that." She hit my chest lightly. She grew quiet and her smile faded. "What's up?" I asked.

"Was this like a one time thing? I mean, its ok if it is but I don't want it to be awkward and if it is I'll ask the office to switch me to Mrs. Campbell. She's the other English teacher and she's really nice." I tried getting her attention multiple times throughout her rant but she kept going.

The only way I got her to stop was by kissing her. And no way was I going to miss the opportunity.

"Mel, you don't have to worry about any of that. On the first day I came here, yesterday, when I ran into you in the hallway and made you fall, I knew I wanted to be with you. Not just physically but romantically as well. When I saw you I couldn't keep my eyes off of you." She rested her head on my shoulder. "I want to be with you. But only if you want to be with me."

"Well I do." I kissed her forehead with a wet kiss.

"Ok so I guess this is the part where we discuss things? So for starters, we can't tell anyone about our relationship. If they found out I was with my student they would do anything to keep us apart. Even put me behind bars. When is your birthday?"

"In February. On the nineteenth."

"Mine is on the first." I weaved my fingers into hers. "So after then you'll be legal. Then after you graduate, we can let the whole world know we are together." She smiled up at me with a hint of light in her eyes. "The world?"

"The world."

"That sounds nice. I can't wait till I turn eighteen. I plan on moving out of my parents house. Maybe they'll learn how to cook and clean." I saw flames emit in her eyes.

"You hate them." She scrunched her eyes together but the flames were still evident. "No I don't. I love them. I hate the way they act."

"Mel, say you hate them. I know you do. Just saying it will clear up your mind. So when its time for you to leave them, you won't feel like something's holding you back."

She seemed to be debating it in her head. For a while she glared at the floor before she let her feelings slipped through. "I hate them. They are cowards and I hate them. I spent so many nights with an aching body because my dad beat my while my mom watched like it was a movie. I'm so stupid for ever loving them." She let out a long sigh and ruffled her hair.

"Do you feel any better?" She set up a small smile and nodded. "I do." I kissed her hair just as the bell rung. I reluctantly sent her to her next class and promised to call her last teacher and excuse Mel for her absense.

The next bunch of kids filed in. Girls gave me hungry looks but I only really want one.

Her name is Melanie Fay.

Its a short chapter just because I've been putting it off for so long. The next chapter might be further down into maybe next week. Not that I'm updating next week!

The next time you see them, it will be a week after their activity. If that makes sense.

And I'm sorry that I updated late. I just have this huge family issue. I'll tell you guys if you ask. I'm not just going to put it out there. But I've been busy with all that's happening so I'm sorry but its called life and sadly, mine is really hectic at the moment. I even thought of putting this book on HOLD but I was like nah.

If you think about it, if I put it on hold, and I keep writing, the next time you read it would probably be completed and you could finish the book without the anticipation and suspense although its pretty nice to have suspense.

But yea. And if this chapter isn't all that good, cut me some slack, I have a lot on my mind.

Thanks for reading this note (if you did)

-Andi <33