Fly Channing ch 3

As music blared from every speaker in the huge house I danced with Ester by my side. Mason had split up from us awhile ago and last I saw he was holding some girls hand who seemed awful drunk. He was probably just helping the poor girl out though. He wasn't a manipulative jerk who used girls for sex, so I trusted him.

I was dancing and laughing with Ester and the group that formed around us. I didn't even recognize most of them.

"Hey gorgeous," someone whispered in my ear. I jumped and turned to see who the stranger was. It wad none other than Daniel Wilson. Mason's old friend since they were little, but rarely talked anymore. But Daniel had never spoken to me. To say I was confused was an understatement.

"Uh... Hi?" I said making it sound more like a question.

"So whats a pretty girl like you doing dancing without a guy? No boyfriend?"

"No, but I'm fine."

"Yeah sure, so you wanna come and have a little fun with me?"

"You're not my type," I said, smiling smugly.

"You don't have a type, you're a loser. Come on." he said grabbing me by the waist and pulling me along.

Ester grabbed on to me, "Get off of her Daniel! Get off of her now you pathetic jerk!"

"You can come too if you want, Ester," he said, laughing.

"Get off of them Daniel," said a deep voice, I turned in Daniels arms to see who it was. It was Mason, and he looked as though he was going to break Daniels neck.

"I can't have some fun?" Daniel said sharply.

"Leave them alone," Mason replied and pushed Ester and I away from Daniel.

"Bad move, Mason," he glared and walked off.

"Thank you," I started to say, but I was cut off.

"Lets go," Mason said taking Ester and my hand.

He shoved his way through the crowd, stepping over beer bottles, and avoiding drunk girls attempts to get their arms around him. He moved so swiftly and almost mechanically.

We got outside and to the car. He opened our doors for us and then slid in himself. He turned the radio on to a local rap station and started driving. He looked straight the whole time and his hands were gripping the steering wheel very tightly. Ester and I didn't say a word until we got to the house.

"Thank you, Mason," I said quietly.

"Yeah, thank you Mas. I'm glad you were there," Ester said.

"It won't happen again, not like that," he said, "I'll never put you two through that again."

"Mason we're fi-" Ester started.

"Lets get in the house and go to bed," he said as he got out of the car.

Ester and I looked back at each other and followed.

We walked in and found Lidia and Sadie at the table coloring and eating cereal.

"How was it?" Lidia asked smiling, "Did everyone have fun?"

"Hi sissy, hi Ester, hi Massy!" Sadie said, smiling wide.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight," Mason said and went straight to his room, shutting the door behind him.

Ester and I gave each other nervous glances and Lidia looked at us expectantly for answers.