Chapter 2- Painful side of life

Chapter 2

Painful side of life

As time passed day by day people started to hate me even more just for supporting Stephan. Even Mr. Reid didn’t want to face me and didn’t talk with me a single word for the last couple of days after the incident. Detention period of Stephan was one month and he got heavy training under the military as punishments after school. None of the students weren’t allowed to see him. Not like in normal military, the military of magic seems to be a very ruthless place full of hard work and hardly people get to rest and relax. They seem to take work from the wrong doers so badly.  Hammer you with long ropes and even burn you when them if they fail to do some work on time. That’s what Nina told me about the military of magic.

I was so sad and my life was stuck in a moment. It was me who made this a big deal ignoring him and got him into all these trouble. Now I know he only cared about me as his own sister.  Why did I ignore him and made him suffer inside?  He didn’t have anyone. Surely Mr. Reid made everyone hate him, may be for all the wrong things he has done. But Stephan’s reason to do these was so fair.  Just to see his own family. Even I would have done such a thing for real parental love and care, which I really wish I had right now.

I don’t think our friendship should be changed. Instead I thought of making him feel like family with me. Care for him after detention and be with him like a non biological but a great sister would be. If that’s all he wanted I’m ready to make him happy. That will make me happy too since I miss my family as well and that he will be like brother to me. I always wanted a brother of my own.

It was almost two week since I came to this school of magic. I didn’t have a chance to talk to Mr. Reid about my wand problem even, since he ignored me every time after that scene. I felt so bad. May be this is the same feeling that Stephan must have felt when no one wants to be with him and when he doesn’t have company. After I ignored him he must have felt like hell. Poor guy now only I feel the bad side of my stupid attitude.

I didn’t hang around with Nina much because she wasn’t able to fill the spaces in my heart that my parents, Sammy, Alex and even Stephan used to own. She just kept me company during lessons but after the school hours we had no connections. I got my self an alternative wand because I had no other option. I couldn’t do my particles even the smallest spell I screwed. May be is all because the wand I’m using isn’t my real wand but Nina said though it is alternative, it has to work.

Am I a weak magician? How can my magic not work? Why I could do some tricks only related to water? I was confused and my end term practices test was coming up too. I knew the all most all the spells that were taught by hearted. But I don’t know how to make it work? It will make me corner my self in front of everyone if I fail that part of studies. That seems to be the easiest because remembering spell is so tough since there are millions of spells o remember. But I don’t see a problem in remembering like other students do. I’m glad about it is so then at least I can pass my written spell tests

It’s so long since Stephan was under the training and I felt so sad. I really wanted to see him. If I don’t take Mr. Reid's permission I can’t get into the military of magic. But even if I tell him he won’t let me. So I had to find someway and I couldn’t do it alone. I thought of taking Nina’s help to do it this time because I had no one else to get help from.

After my spell class I thought of going to the cafeteria with Nina and talking to her about my problem hoping that she would have a solution. We walked toward the cafeteria and ordered our “as usual coffee” and sat down for a chat in my corner table which is most of the time free. When I sit there no one else even bother coming to share the table with me. Except that first day only Stephan shared with me. Everyone still hates me and I don’t ever think they will get over it.