Chapter 43

Only one messaged me and asked me about the band. You all are disappointing. (Thank you for the one who did. You're awesome :))

Carli

Gemma and I sat at a table, our feet put up on the table. Adeline was laying on Gemma's legs, and my lips were turned to a smile. We haven't talked about the elephant in the room, we just danced around the most important questions. I don't know if I was happy or worried about that. I didn't have a clue of how Gemma would act when I told her what happened.

"So," Gemma started, looking over at me. I took a deep breath and played with the hem of my shirt. "Are we going to talk about what happened?"

"If you'd like to know."

"No, it's if you want to tell me. I don't want to pressure you into talking about something that's still hard to process." Gemma said. She was no where close to her brother, and I wondered if she's always been this way. Harry always had a different side of a story, so maybe she wasn't as bad as he says she was.

"I'm rather upset Harry didn't tell you." I said, sighing out a breath. She chuckled and shrugged, looking down at Adeline.

"That's Harry for you." She mumbled.

"But still, that doesn't make how he acts okay." I huffed.

"You're preaching to the choir, love." Gemma reminded me with a smile.

"Harry was in a bad mood, and I wanted to talk it through. He didn't want to of course, and left to go to work. It was late but he wouldn't listen and just walked out of the house." I said, memories filling my head as I talked. My hands couldn't stop moving, my heart beating fast. "Hours passed and the doorbell rang, and I honestly thought it was Harry. I was thinking he forgot his key, even though deep down I knew he wasn't the man to forget his house key. I opened the door and a girl, I don't know if you've heard of Tania."

"I have." Gemma said. "I hate her guts."

"Just you wait." I mumbled. "She was at the door, and I could sense that she wasn't healthy mentally. Just the way she looked seemed as though she was fighting with her demons. It was weird. She came in and acted fine, then just snapped." I explained what happened, the movie playing in my mind. Tania's face was swimming in my mind, and I was considering going after her as soon as Gemma was gone. But today I had to go into the stupid mental evaluation meeting, which I was seriously dreading.

"How are you alive right now?" Gemma asked. "That's horrible!"

"It is. And now I have to go to this mental evaluation thing with a psychiatrist." I groaned.

"They think you'll go crazy?"

"Harry said it was the doctors suggestion, but I really don't believe it." I shrugged. "I guess they think I'll break down and murder tons of people to get revenge." Well, only one person. I wanted her to feel pain, to cry out for someone who wont be there to save her.

"You don't seem like the type to do that." You have no idea. "Anyways, whats up with Harry? He seems different."

"I have no clue. He just needs to get over himself." I said, venom in my tone. I wanted to hit him with a frying pan, do something.

"Are you two fighting again? It seems like you always fight now a days." Gemma said as she put Adeline on her chest. I sighed, she was right.

"That's none of your business." Harry growled as he stood in the doorway. He looked pissed, his frown deep as he stared at us. I put my feet on the table and looked up at the sky, watching as the clouds rolled across. I breathed in, smelling the cold air. I could smell Harry's aftershave as he walked closer to us. "We may be fighting, but I still love her with everything I have."

"Eh." I mumbled. "I don't know if you're lying, it seems like you always do these days."

Harry stared at me, taken back at what I had just said. "You've got to be joking, right? Seriously you cant be surprised at the truth." I pointed out, looking down at my nails. I really needed to get them done.

"We need to talk." Harry muttered between his teeth.

"Give us a moment." I rolled my eyes and got up, following Harry inside the house. He shut the door and stared down at me, his height towering mine by several inches. We didn't say anything, his gaze never leaving me. His nostrils were flared as he stared at me, his chest moving up and down as he breathed. I wanted to yell at him to stop staring, but the way he was looking was luring me in. His eyes slowly glassed over, making him look away and push his hair out of his face. He was getting emotional, and he was scared to show me that he was crumbling inside.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Harry beat me to it. "I know I lie, and honestly I just do it because.. because I don't want you to leave me. I'm a monster, Carli. I'm turning into the man I was before you, and I cant stop. I want to change, but I'm afraid that it's already sucked me in. I'm messed up, I know that. I'm sorry I lied, there was no reason to and I still did it. I know that you've given me so many chances, and I blew them all away. We need to be happy, so I'm asking for your forgiveness."

"Why do we need to be happy?"

"Right now our life will get more hard, more hectic and hellish. We need to trust in each other, and right now you don't trust me. I understand, and I want to change for you."

"The thing is Harry, you always so you'll change. But you never do!"

"I know and--"

"Mr. Styles, I'm really sorry but I need to talk to you." Jackson interrupted.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I screeched. "You think its okay to just walk in without knocking?!"

"What is it?" Harry asked, ignoring my tantrum. Inside I was screaming, imagining tearing Jackson to pieces.

"We.. We found out who bombed the England building." Jackson, trying to get his breath back. I was secretly praying he wouldn't, so he would die right in front of me. Huh, I need to go to church.

"Who?" Harry demanded.

"Michael. It was Michael."

Great. Just great. One of Harry's demons from the past.

Hey :) Sorry it took me so long to update, started college again.

Okay, so I really like getting to know you guys so I want to keep asking a question after every chapter. If you want an update, there HAS TO BE more than 5 COMMENTS. I WILL NOT update until I get that. And yes, I will hold a chapter for weeks ;)

Chapter question:

"Favorite quote at the moment?"

Mine is 'It's trippy to be a hippy'. ;)

FIVE COMMENTS.