IV // Prolouge

A grim-stricken boy watched his friend lay motionless in a white hospital bed. The boy glared at the professors by his bed. Why didn't they stop him, they knew it was him! They saw the boy stake him out and attack him. "I know this is hard young man, but you must remain strong. At least for William." All but one patted him or left them. "He prefers Will." He muttered softly. The headmaster heard.

"Hannibal, Francis will be locked up in St. Mungos until he is old enough to be put in Azkaban. I promise you that." The professor's blue eyes pierced through his frameless spectacles and straight through the young Slytherin. "You knew it was him." Lecter said angrily.

"My dear boy-"

"No! You watched from afar, your eyes and ears coveted. You watched that bloody delinquent tear him apart! You heard him cry in the night, you and all of the teachers watched him shred until he couldn't take it any longer." By now the young boy was about to burst. His best friend would have to stay in St. Mungos for the rest of his life. Headmaster Dumbledore, with his mouth slightly parted watched Hannibal Lecter with curiosity.

"I know you are angry, but you mustn't take it out on me. Or anybody for that matter. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." Lecter mumbled. His maroon eyes bled with vengeance, and a rage he had never felt before. "Sir, if I may ask...?" Dumbledore nodded. "Graham, will he-" Lecter swallowed the lump in his throat. "- survive?"

Dumbledore looked at the bright wizard with sad, but hopeful eyes. "Yes, yes he will. But Hannibal, I'll be frank, he'll never be the same."