On the train

I had spent the last day at home running around packing my bags and studying like mad. I was finally ready for Hogwarts, okay time to get to the train station.

I said my goodbyes and hopped on the train, I was so excited for freedom, don't get me wrong I love my parents but sometimes they can be a little over protecting.

On the train
I wonder where I should sit, I don't know anyone here. I guess I'll just sit in an empty compartment.
I sat down and pulled out my favorite book, "Alice in Wonderland", then I heard the door slide open. "Hello Rose", I looked up to identify the speaker and saw Draco standing there with two other people. "Who's that Draco", said the black haired girl on the right. "Pansy, this is Rose Liddel, I met her in Diagon alley at Madam Malkins.", "Rose this is Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson", said Draco. I smiled, "nice to meet you both", I said. They sat down with me and we started talking. "Rose what are you reading", Draco  asked,
"In reading Alice In Wonderland".
"Isn't that a muggle book", Pansy sneered, "yes it is a muggle book, but it's very interesting and has a wonderful plot and such creative and colorful characters". Blaise coughed "bookworm"
"There's nothing wrong with reading books", Draco fiercely shot back
"Whoa!, Down boy, looks like someone has a crush", Draco blushed as red as a tomato and Pansy gave me a cold glare.

Sorting Hat

I wasn't the first to be sorted and I wasn't the last, the curiosity is killing me. It felt like the wait was going on forever. My name was finally called the hat sat on my head for a solid 10 seconds, "tricky, tricky", the hat said. It waited a few more seconds and then  it made the decision, Slytherin. I was so happy I was in Slytherin. When I walked back to the Slytherin table Draco was smiling and Pansy was scowling and Blaise was eating.