Chapter Three

The turtles were not yet officially released but were given the opportunity to choose a new home for themselves, inside the city walls of course. They were forbidden to leave it until there were children.

Mikey said the city dump sounded fine to him, but Raph just shoved him. Yeah if they had to be married, Raph wanted them to have a nice place to call home. Was that a bad thing? He wanted to take care of his little brother, at all costs. That was what he was supposed to do, that's what Leo said anyway. But he'd barely heard from Leo, who seemed very distracted over the past few days.

Leo was slowly warming up to the idea of marriage and didn't know why. Since he knew there was no escape other than death, he decided to put up with it. Suicide wasn't the answer, not yet anyway, not until it came time for children. That he wouldn't allow.

But.. this world was so beautiful.. why not stick around to explore for awhile? What was wrong with that?
If there wasn't any romantic attraction between him and Donnie, and their marriage was only valid on the planet Halcyon, upon returning to Earth there was nothing to worry about. Everything could go back to normal.

Halcyon: a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful

And while no one in our world was happy during the early 1940s, the Halcyons did not live like we did. There were no wars, only peace as they trailed behind our world. It would be a marvelous place to live, I guarantee you.

Just five days before the wedding was to take place, Leonardo decided to talk to Raphael about what was about to go down.
He woke up early in the morning, Donnie sleeping peacefully next to him. He couldn't help but smile slightly at his little brother, and got up quietly.
"W-Where are you going..?" Donnie asked sleepily.
"To check on Raph. Go back to sleep, alright?" Leo glanced back at Donnie, who merely shrugged and went back to bed.
He opened the cell door, and went over to Raph and Mikey's cell. Raph was already awake, writing something on a notepad. "Raphael."
"What?" The younger of the two looked up, closing the notepad.
"I think we need to talk about what is going to happen."
"Right." Raph stood up, standing at the door. "I can't go through with it. Let me marry Donnie instead. Please."
"It's too late for that now. What's wrong with Mikey, anyway?"

"Shall I list alphabetically? He's so immature and annoying! I can't live with him for the rest of my life! Everything he does drives me crazy. We're like the worst match that can possibly be made. So please, let's switch. Pleaaaaase." Raph begged.

"No. I've already made my decision on who I am marrying and it isn't Mikey."
"So what- you've fallen in love with Donnie? Are you serious?"
"No, of course I haven't fallen in love with him. I've just already made myself used to the idea of pursuing him. Okay?"
"Right. Tell me you two haven't made out yet." Raph crossed his arms, a small smirk across his face.

"We haven't yet! I mean.. we haven't. That's besides the point. I don't look at him in that way.."
"Then how do you?"
"As a brother." Leo sighed. "This isn't about me. You have to make it work with Mikey. I'm serious. They'll only send us back to Earth if we comply with what they want. Otherwise we will be in jail for the rest of our lives. So try to be a little nicer to Mikey okay? Please."

Raph growled and shoved his leader back. "I'm not gay! I never will be! I'm not faking a relationship with my little brother to please some aliens little jerks!!"
"We don't have any other choice, Raphael!! So comply or die!"
"You sound like one of them!" Raph shot back. "You know what? Just get out. I don't want to see you."

Leo backed up and went to his cell, angrily. "Gonna get himself killed." He mumbled, laying back down, looking at Donnie for a second before trying to go back to sleep.
~~
Donnie woke up and peeked through the small window. "Mikey.. can we talk for a minute?"
Mikey looked angry and upset. "Sure." He sat in front of the window.

"Are you nervous about.. getting married?" Donnie held a small blush. He had to talk to someone about it.
"More like dreading it. We have to be the moms." He groaned. "Should we kill ourselves?"
"I'm not going to and you shouldn't either. Leo says that if we do what they say we can go back to our world someday.. and I just want to see Father again. Maybe it won't be so bad... being married. We don't have to act married- we can live our own lives."
"Yeah minus the fact we have to live down that we have to have sex with them at some point." The younger of the two rolled his eyes. "It'll be a nightmare."

"Maybe it'll be over with quickly. It's.. probably only temporary anyway. Why don't you give Raph a chance?"
"Because he's mean and I don't like him one bit! And what's up with you? Why are you suddenly okay with marrying Leo?"
"W-well.." The genius was flustered. "I.. just know that the only way we can leave is to obey and I don't want to die. So I'm going to listen. That's how we're going to survive."

Mikey reached through the bars and slapped his older brother. "Wake up Donnie!! Soon you're going to be carrying Leo's babies and living like a housewife and that is not okay!!!"
Donnie bit his lip. "Maybe that won't happen.. but I'm not going to make this difficult. So go up to Raph and tell him you're going to make this work. I don't want to lose you, little brother. Ever." And with that, Donnie shut the window and whimpered, sitting in the corner and had a good cry.

Mikey rolled his eyes again and glanced at Raph, who was busy reading a newspaper. "What are you doing Raph?"
"Looking at the houses available for us. I want to live somewhere nice, preferably in the heart of the city so I can get a good job until I kill myself."
"We could do it. Or... we could just refuse to get married. They can't force us. I'd rather rot in jail while the lovebirds reproduce for us. That's totally fine right?"
"I mean.. yeah I guess we could do that. I refuse to marry you."
"I refuse you as well."
They both grinned, and the mood was lightened, Mikey starting to tell jokes and tease his older brother. They were so stupid.