Chapter 11

I somehow managed to sleep for a few hours and dream with Gerard. That and the thought of seeing him that afternoon gave me enough motivation to leave my bed and do something productive. After having breakfast and taking a long warm shower, I decided to start searching for a new job.
I went out to the street; it was early so there weren't many people around. I had no idea of what kind of job I was searching so I just asked in a few stores and supermarkets if they needed more staff, but nobody seemed to have any vacancy.
After a while, I decided to have lunch out since I didn't have much food left in the apartment. I went to a bar and I felt weird eating there alone. When I finished, I asked the barman if they needed someone for their business.
"Not right now but maybe we'll need help for summer... You can give me your number though and we'll call you if we need a hand." I gave them my number and I came back home.
That was enough search for that day.
It was time to see Gerard.
I didn't have a car and there wasn't any bus that could take me to prison, so I took a taxi again. It was expensive as fuck and I was scared I couldn't afford seeing Gerard everyday.

It was weird. I hadn't even been in prison for too long but it was weird that I was there then only as a visit. Like, one day ago I was behind one of those cells. With Gerard. Oh, the memories.
"Are you here for a visit?" I turned around to find out the man who had asked me was officer Toro. "Hey, you're already here again! He laughed.
"Hi, yeah, uh, I came to see Gerard..." I explained.
"Okay, I see, but the visit time starts in half an hour. I'm gonna let you get in the visits room because I know you, but you have to wait."
"Thank you." I said, following him.
"So, Frank was your name, right?" I nodded. "So, Frank, is everything alright?"
"Yeah, well, it is strange because I kinda have to re-make my life, you know? I gotta find a new job and I feel like I'm alone again. Not that I had real friends before, but at least I knew some people from work, it's not the same now. Gerard's a great friend but he's stuck here so..."
"It must be hard. At first I thought you'd have problems with him but you two became really close friends and after sharing a cell with him for a while, you must be feeling really lonely right? He's kinda sad, as well."
"Is he okay?" I was worried he was feeling really bad because of me.
"As good as someone can be in prison." He joked. "No but, seriously, Gerard's such a strong man and I'm sure he'll be okay, and also seeing you will make him the happiest."

(A/N: Thanks for 300 reads!! Wow, I'm not even good at writing idk how there are so many people reading this lol and well... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sophia_Asphyxia !!!!! ^-^)