Connected

Sky rushed down the stairs, he honestly just wanted to get out of his room as quickly as possible. Immediately he hit the bottom floor, swiveling around the railing giving him a boost towards the kitchen where he saw Jerome.

"Whats up Jerome?" Sky said happy to see a familiar face. Honestly though he was just trying to cover up the fact that Augustus lay lingering in his head.It would probably be best not to talk about it at this moment.

"Hey Sky, what took you so- WHAT THE HECK!??" Jerome gawked at Sky, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open in a gasp. "DUDE WHAT HAPPENED??"

Sky followed Jerome's eyes down to his arm, wrapped tightly in bandages, blood still visible even through the thick wrapping. He shifted awkwardly and shrugged.

"Haha you know how clumsy I can be man, don't worry bout it." 

"I just.. you know.....slipped in the bathroom" Sky cringed inwardly at this, he hated lying to his friends and even worse using the excuse his other half gave him just a few hours ago. 

"That looks like it hurts stay here I'll go get Seto. I'm sure he'll know what to do. You go eat I swear man, I don't even know how you can get hurt this bad in our base." Jerome huffed before running off.

Sky could hear the inward 'tsk' of Augustus and smirked a little feeling victorious for once. Augustus could stop Sky from keeping his mouth shut but he couldn't stop Jerome from being a worried friend. 

'Enjoy your victory while you can, I can assure you it won't last as long as I'm here.' Augustus returned back to a sneer. 'Don't forget I can still control your body whenever I want.'

Sky jolted at this response. In truth he never really thought that Augustus could do that. He only assumed that the other would only be able to possess his body when he was in a state or weakness like when he was asleep. 

"How is that true?" Sky whispered "I bet you're all talk. If you could control my body then why didn't you just take over already and kidnap all my friends again?" Sky asked suspiciously

'All in due time, but right now that isn't my main priority.'

 He paused for a while, and Sky almost thought the conversation had ended until he added 'My goal right now is to attain this body for myself, but I'll be good for a while and share. Lucky for you I actually don't have enough strength to take over your body whenever I want at the moment. I can make a few tweaks and twitches, but I can't have you jump when I tell you to.' Augustus made a long sigh before continuing 'If I could, I'd make you do so many things that would plague your mind for years.'

His face grew smug when he could feel the blood rushing to Sky's face. Shock and anger  causing him to stumble a bit while walking to grab food from the fridge.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Sky glared through his glasses his emotions mostly hidden under his shades yet his tone giving away his disgust for the other male."Are you talking about making me torture and enslave my friends again!?" Sky growled, his grip on the fridge growing tighter under his clenched fists.

Augustus laughed darkly 'If thats what you think I mean, think what you want. I won't spoil you with the details.'

 Their shades, a veil of secrets that bury the thoughts of both halves from each other. It was possibly the only shield he had left with Augustus. A guy who could literally look into his mind, know all of his secrets, all his insecurities and weaknesses.... it makes him sick that the only thing he had left to protect himself with were these flimsy tinted shades he had since he was a child. His only defense so Augustus wouldn't see the  ferocity in his eyes, or the secret fear he had that Augustus may one day take control and do who knows what to his friends.