Bad Night

"Sky...?"

"Sky...an..yo...ere..me?"

"Sky"

"Sky!!"

Sky jolted upright from his bed. The covers being thrown frantically to the floor. His shock instinctively making him almost punch Jerome, who was sitting the closest to Sky near his side. Thankfully though, he stopped himself a second before he actually made contact. He then lowered his arm back onto the bed and stared with no emotion.

"GAH! MAN EASY!" Jerome hissed nearly having his life flash before his eyes. He also almost fell off his chair having Sky's fist mere centimeters away from his face. 

"I told you not to yell!" Seto glared as he grabbed the covers off the ground and threw them back onto the bed.

"Of course he's going to hit you! He's obviously delusional right now after waking up from a coma!" Seto yelled smacking Jerome on the head scolding.

"OW! Okay okay I'm sorry!" Jerome whined

"Guys chill seriously, our friend just woke up after three days of being in a coma." Max sighed "We barely even know if he's okay."

A murmur crossed the room before it turned silent. Everyone giving their full attention to Sky, who seemed oddly calm after just waking up in such a frantic scene.

He sat there quiet for a few minutes and an awkward silence filled the room.

After about 5 minutes he slowly moved his hands under the blankets and gazed at them. His expression didn't change, nor did he say anything. He just slowly opened and closed his hands as though testing to see if they still functioned properly. Everyone was on edge at this moment. They were probably hoping Sky would speak or do something, anything, to prove he was okay.

But he just stared for what seemed like hours.

He stared at his hands blankly as if it were his first time seeing them.

Seto couldn't get the image out of his head. Sky, the usual happy and outgoing, loud leader, was just sitting there in complete and utter silence. As though time had stopped altogether.

'This was....wrong.' Seto thought

Though just as Max was about to tap him on the shoulder Sky jerked his head up. His face seeming shocked like he just now realized that other people were in the room. He shook his head a bit as if to gain some sense back.

After a few seconds of realizing this was actually reality. His face changed and he had a wide relieved smile that crossed his lips. 

The room suddenly broke down in tension and the thick air melted away.
Most of the team smiled back at Sky also feeling relieved. A lot of old friends came back hearing the news of Sky being in a coma and wanting to see if he was okay.

"Hey glad to see your back in the land of the living." Mitch joked giving Sky a comforting pat on the back

"...Haha! Glad to be back." Sky said though his reaction time was delayed considering he was still dazed from waking up.

"Thank god you're okay! I thought you'd suffer from like permanent brain damage or something. You gotta get more sleep man!" Jason said worryingly

Sky laughed, innocently scratching the back of his head as if he was being scolded for stealing a cookie rather than nearly dying.

"Hahaa yeah man I'm trying..." His smile faltered a bit but he still kept up the tough guy act.

Though one person in the room wasnt buying the whole act that Sky was putting up...