⚖ Hope ⚖

Beau's POV: 

*SMASH* my head whipped around to stare at Ben as an alarm started. 

"Now you've fucking done it" I huffed, pressing my hands to my ears to block out the annoying sound. 

"Sorry geez I didn't actually expect a fucking alarm to go off" he replied, rolling his eyes. 

That when I remembered something, "we forgot to call the police!" I yelled out to the boys, the alarm still blaring. 

"Well then hurry up and fucking call-" Luke's reply suddenly cut off, but I had no idea why. I began to walk to the top of the stairs, then heard voices. Dad was home. 

I stayed in my spot and tried to listen to what was being said. Eventually I didn't have to try so hard, because the voices had turned to shouting. I bit the inside of my lower lip anxiously, listening as Luke's and dad's tempers rose. 

"Dad what are you doing?!" Jai's shriek carried up the stairs and I suddenly felt even more nervous than before, should I go downstairs? The shouting lowered to normal voices, then I heard several thumps before Jai let out an ear-splitting scream, "LUKE!" 

Without hesitation, I ran down the stairs, noticing that the others were right behind me. Dad looked up when we all came in, looking alarmed at first, then his expression turned into an unreadable one. I didn't think about it too much, as my attention went straight to Jai knelt on the floor, holding up a body. Luke's body. 

"What did you do?!" I yelled at Dad, before rushing to my brothers and kneeling down next to Jai. 

"I warned him" dad replied, looking slightly put-off by his own actions, but also as if he didn't care one bit for Luke.

"We don't care if you warned him! He- he's..." James didn't finished his sentence as he locked eyes with me, he looked so hurt and upset, I didn't want to know what I looked like. Can't be any worse than Jai though, who was crying an entire ocean here on the living room floor. 

"M-my baby" mum's soft voice only just reached my ears, and I looked over at her, wearing a pained expression. "You've killed my baby" she whispered, her voice hollow and her expression blank. It was a scary look. 

Then all of a sudden she seemed to snap out of a trance, and rushed to my side. Jai kind of passed Luke to her, his body shaking because of his heavy sobs. I decided to pull him into a tight hug, and he gratefully wrapped his arms and legs around me, soaking my shirt with his tears.

I watched mum place two fingers to Luke's neck, probably looking for a pulse. I waited for the verdict, tears welling up in my own eyes now, but I brushed them away hurriedly, I needed to strength for mum and Jai.

"Call the ambulance" mum muttered and my eyes widened, did she find a pulse? "CALL THE AMBULANCE!" mum now yelled and I looked at Skip, gesturing for him to call.

"Don't you dare call them!" dad hissed, glaring at Skip as if challenging him to disobey.

Daniel glanced at me, then Luke, then back at dad, now full-on glaring. Keeping his gaze locked on dad's, he slipped his phone out of his pocket, dialling 000 quickly.

"Hello?" he asked into the phone. It wasn't on loud speaker so we couldn't hear what the person on the other line was saying. He suddenly stuffed the phone into mum's hands, apparently not able to talk to the person about what happened.

"Hi, we need someone here as soon as possible, my son has been stabbed and his pulse is weak" mum spoke, then paused, listening to the other person speaking. "What's the address?" she asked aloud, and I racked my brain to think of the address. I mean, we just got here kinda not really, so I should be able to rem-

"182 Cardinal Road" dad grumbled and I gave him a shocked look. Mum repeated the address into the phone, then said a few more words before hanging up. I turned to thank Dad, then realised that he had disappeared.

"Where did he go?!" I exclaimed, jolting up and making Jai nearly fall, but I put my hands on his legs to support him around my waist.

"Where did who go?" he sniffed, pulling his head back.

"Dad. He's not here. I think he ran" I answered, inspecting Jai's bloodshot, puffy eyes and tear-streaked cheeks.

"Well now that the door is open, i'm leaving this house before someone else get's stabbed" Ben grunted from behind me and I tuned around to glare at him.

"You are such a selfish git. Someone nearly died, and here you are only worrying about your safety and getting out of the house" I growled.

"Let him go" Jai mumbled in my ear and I sighed deeply.

"But if you're oh so important in this world, then be my guest and leave" I said to Ben, who's eyes widened ever-so-slightly.

"I'll stay" he whispered finally.

I shook my head and pursed my lips, "no seriously, leave, it's not like we give a fuck".

"No. I'll stay." he replied bluntly.

"Ok the-" I didn't finish my sentence because the sound of yet another alarm had arose. The ambulance was here. Several medics stepped into the house and instantly went to Luke. Jai had been watching all of this, but when they lifted Luke's body onto a stretcher he turned his head into my shoulder again.

"Jai, do you want to go with him in the ambulance? They said two people" I said to him softly.

"What about you?" he asked.

"I'll drive myself and the boys there. Don't worry, we'll be right behind you" I smiled and he nodded slowly, finally releasing me and climbing to the floor.

Mum took his hand and they both walked out of the door and into the back of the ambulance van, while the rest of us piled into my car, even Ben, which half surprised me, and half annoyed me. But all I needed to think about now was Luke. He was going to the hospital. He was going to get better. He's going to live. I hope...

- - - - -

He's going to hospital! Don't loose hope! We'll have to see if they actually manage to save him *sighs* Hope the chapter was okeee :))

Vote, comment, share

Bella