Chapter4 :First, maybe second kiss.

Maya's P.O.V
----------------
We walked back to the living room, I saw Lucas and Riley talking. They were really close. I felt sick, then I felt a wet little tear roll down my eye.

I walked over and said "Hey guys! What are you talking about?"

"I broke up with Charlie, so Lucas and I were just talking about our memories. Like our first kiss, our second date-"

I felt my insides getting angrier and angrier.

"Well then why don't you just write a fairytale book about Prince Lucas and Princess Riley!" I exclaimed

"I'm so stupid for ever thinking you liked me Lucas, and I'm so stupid for thinking you were over each other! Just look at you two you're right by each other's faces like your about to kiss!"

They looked at each other and locked eyes.

That one tear I had, turned into a million. My mascara ran down my eyes, and I felt weak.

I started bawling, I just wanted to get out of there.

I ran outside.

Josh's P.O.V
--------------
I saw Maya run out of Riley's apartment, then Lucas and Riley chased after her.

I thought to myself
"that cowboy hurt her!"

I ran to the door put on my coat and rushed after Maya.

She was on the rooftop.

Lucas, Riley and myself walked up on the rooftop.

I pushed them aside and went up to Maya and hugged her. I could feel the tears running down my coat. I hugged her tighter.

Then I heard "Josh, could I talk to Maya?" Riley said.

Maya let go of me "No, I don't want to talk to either of you, just leave me alone, and go get married or something." She said.

"Maya I'm sorry." Riley said

Tears filled Riley's eyes.

Then suddenly Riley ran over, pushed me aside and tightly hugged Maya. She then let go and said "Peaches, I'm sorry I love you more than anyone in this world."

Maya said "Oh Honey, you don't need to apologize, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed that you liked Lucas as a brother. You're my sister, if I lost my sister I'd lose myself."

I smiled.

Lucas walked up to them and said to Maya "Maya, you're amazing but I don't think we're going to work out.

Maya looked at the ground, then back at Lucas. "Yeah, me neither, but you're still a Huckleberry, a Ranger Rick, and most importantly a good friend.

They smiled at each other, then Maya looked at Lucas and screamed in his face "Ha-Hurr!" "Ugh, I've waited such a long time to do that." She said

They laughed, then hugged.

I whispered to Riley "What did she just do?"

"It's this thing they do." She said laughing.

"And Lucas, treat my sister right, she's the most important thing in this world to me."  Maya said then smiled.

"Yeah I definitely will I would never want to hurt this little ray of sunshine. He smiled. But I think we should start this New Year with friendship." Lucas said.

"Even you Josh, I'd like to be friends." Lucas said with a smile

"I'd like that cowboy." I said

"Now let's get Farkle and Smackle and start this New Year, how we started it last year, together, as friends, best friends." Lucas said while putting his arm around Riley.

Riley and Lucas walked to the door. Maya and I were still on the rooftop.

Riley and Lucas said "Guys, ya coming?"

"Yeah, Maya said In a bit."

"Okay." They said then left

Maya turned around.

"Thank you Josh, for being there for me. You're really special. " she said

"Thanks Maya, you  handled all of that amazing!" 

"I really admire you!" I said

We locked eyes.

I walked up to her and said "Your eyes sparkle in the moonlight.

She giggled and said "Everyone's does Josh."

"But your's are different." I said

Before I knew it I kissed her again.

This time she didn't pull back after two seconds.

Maya's P.O.V
----------------

My first kiss, well now kind of second, but both were with Josh. Who would've thought?

After the kiss I told Josh that this was a really great New Year. And a very surprising one as well.

"Yeah, what a really surprising New Year!" he said.

We walked up to the door, he opened the door as a gentlemen. But before we left the rooftop Josh whispered "Your eyes are different." I looked at him and giggled and said "You're delusional.