Rules

A/N: The video in the media box is the song this book is inspired by. If you haven't heard it yet, I suggest that you do..:3

"Look, our last person is here," the support group leader announced, smiling at Kevin. Everyone else looked at him, making the tall boy wave at them shortly. "Let's begin! Now what are your--sorry, sir. Who are you?"

She was looking at Mike, who was behind sitting right next to Mitch. Mike looked up at her and stuck his hand, a smile on his face.

"I'm Mitchell's father, Mike Grassi," he introduced himself, putting his hand back by his side when she didn't shake it. "Is there a problem with me being here?"

"Well, yes," she answered, her heart heavy when Mitch held onto Mike's hand. "Parents are not allowed in the sessions, no exceptions."

"Why?" Mike asked, looking over at his son. Mitch's lip began to quiver, knowing what will happen next. "Please let me stay for this one."

"I can't. It's for confidentiality," the leader spoke in a strict tone. Mike sighed, knowing that he won't win this round. "You have to leave."

Mike sighed as he stood up, but Mitch stopped him. The sixteen year old's eyes glistened with tears when he shook his head. Mike wanted nothing more than to reassure his son that everything will be okay.

"Mitchy, I have to leave," Mike told his son, not looking at everyone else. Mitch hugged him, not wanting to let go. Kirstie felt her eyes well up with tears as she watched the heartbreaking scene. "I'll be back in no time."

"Don't leave me," Mitch begged, his quiet voice full of sadness. Kevin sighed sadly as Avi looked at the scene, looking over the small boy. He had clothes that made him look smaller than he really is. "Dad, please."

"I can't."

"Please let him stay," Mitch begged, looking over at the leader. She shook her head, refusing to let the sixteen year old get his way. "Please, he protects me from being-"

"Let him stay," Scott began dangerously, glaring at the lady. She widened her eyes, afraid of the tall blond. "Whatever he went through obviously made him afraid of being with people he hardly knows. Let his dad stay."

"I really can't," she replied, sighing sadly at Mike. "Do you mind waiting outside?"

"I guess not," Mike answered, leading Mitch back to his seat. Mitch looked at his dad, not wanting him to go. "I'll be right outside, kiddo. If you need me, just holler."

"I need you right now."

Mike sighed sadly as he went to hug his son. Mitch flinched, trying to get away. Not from his father but the touch. Mike looked at Mitch sadly, shaking his head. He walked out, leaving Mitch with people he didn't even know. The lady cleared her throat as she looked at Mitch sadly, feeling empathy for the timid boy.

"I'm so sorry, Mitch," she began, not receiving in response. She sighed as she smiled at Kirstie, who was looking at Mitch sadly. "What's your name?"

"Kirstie," the blonde girl answered quickly, looking back at Mitch. Mitch looked at her and smiled despite the tears that ran down his cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," Mitch whispered back, smiling when Kirstie stuck her hand. He shook it gently, his gestures shy. They smiled at each other and turned back to the group, looking over at Scott.

"I'm Scott and I really don't want to be here."

The lady nodded, knowing that it was going to take a lot to get something out of Scott. She turned to Avi, waiting for him to say something.