Tests

A few weeks have passed and Mitch's health has taken a turn for the worst. He was tested right away to see if he the virus and if he wasn't being tested on, he was going to the police station. The police told him multiple times that they refused to arrest Trevor because 'men can't be raped'. They also had the audacity to tell Mike and Nel that the cuts on his skin were self-inflicted and that he was just doing this the attention. Joke's on them though because the Grassis managed to throw him into jail and set up a court date, which will end everything.

Hopefully.

"Mitchy?"

Mitch nodded, sniffling a bit as Nel came in. She put some hand sanitizer on her hands, smiling weakly as she brushed his hair back. He smiled the best he could, coughing loudly and cringing when his chest began to hurt.

"I'm so sorry, baby."

"It's okay, Mama," Mitch whispered, his voice raspy from coughing so hard. He sneezed, thanking his mom after she gave him a tissue. "I have symptoms."

Nel bit her lip, trying her best not to cry out loud. She knew how scary it was when the HIV/AIDS epidemic broke out. It was practically a death sentence back then. Medicine is far more advanced now, but she still worried endlessly about it. Her son could have it.

Her beautiful, sweet, kind, and gentle son who never hurt anyone could be dying right now and it's all Trevor's fault.

"Mitchy, honey. I just want to know that whatever happens, you will still be my son. I will help you through it."

"Mommy?"

"Yes, honey?"

"I'm scared. I'm only sixteen. I'm not ready to die."

Nel held her son close to her, letting his tears soak her shirt. She rocked him back and forth, remembering the times when he was younger and just wanted to be held. Whenever he cried, it broke her heart because she didn't know what to do besides hold him.

She would do anything to take away his pain and give it to herself.

"You're not going to die, baby. I promise. You're going to be okay."

Mitch nodded, still sobbing loudly as his mom tightened her hug. He remembered when Trevor told him about diagnosed with AIDS and how devastated he was. Mitch promised that he would be there with him on every step on the way and never leave him. The couple vowed to never have sex without a condom, which they never did because Trevor didn't want Mitch to get sick.

Why did he hurt him so terribly though?

"Nel? I'm home!"

"I'm in Mitch's room! Baby, we're going to the hospital in four hours or so. You could go back to sleep if you want to."

Mitch nodded, looking down at his arms. Bruises littered them because of how many times he had to have blood drawn. It scared him to death and he wanted them to go away.

He's tired of tests.

He's tired of blood draws.

He's tired of hearing the painful treatments.

He's tired of hearing the words court case and jail.

Most importantly?

He's tired of being treated like he was fragile and delicate. He's not. He's strong and he could beat anything he wants to.