the witch & the warlock [lelouch x cc]

he loved her.

he loved her so much and he wanted to tell her, but he didn't know if she felt the same and he definitely wasn't going to suffer the embarrassment if she didn't. no way. i mean, he was lelouch lamperouge after all. anyway, the most important thing to focus on right now was overtaking the empire and bringing peace. but what was the point if he couldn't have her by his side? he didn't want to rule it alone. no, he needed to accomplish what he originally first set out to do. but how could he do that when she was always on his mind?

the more he thought about her, the more he wanted to say 'think about her later,' but at the same time, he couldn't. he didn't know what to do anymore. It was eating away at him and he wasn't able to focus because of it. this constant need to hold her, kiss her, and show her love was always on his mind. every time he was near her, he had to hold himself back and it was agonizing. he couldn't get rid of it no matter how much he wanted to or how hard he tried. he had to tell her. that was the only option. if he didn't, he was sure he would go mad. she had said that her true wish was to be loved, right? he could do that for her. and it wasn't because it was her wish, it was because he wanted to. he needed to.

walking up to the spot that they agreed to meet, he sat down and mentally prepared himself. he had called her ten minutes ago and asked her to meet him at the park to talk. he couldn't keep quiet anymore. this was it. he was going to tell her. he could only hope that she felt the same, or at least hoped that she wasn't going to laugh in his face if she didn't. what if she didn't want to be his accomplice anymore, though? what if it became awkward after that and they drifted apart? wow, she has been the only girl to ever make him act like this. there's definitely something special about her, then. the great lelouch lamperouge, unable to think properly simply because he liked someone. no, wait, that wasn't quite right; because he loved someone. he knew that no one else would ever be able to make him feel like this. the fact that whenever their arms accidentally brushed or their hands accidentally touched, he felt a spark, didn't quite help in this discovery. if, after this, she decided to push him away, he didn't know what he would do. he realized that the only thing he needed was her and her alone. although conquering the empire and bringing peace was always his main goal and something he always wanted to achieve, he realized that if he didn't have her, he didn't want to rule the empire. if he didn't have her, he didn't even want to live.

after another ten minutes, she finally showed up. it was as if time was going in slow motion. he could hear his heartbeat pounding in his ears and he could feel the heat crawling up his neck. 'am i blushing? get a hold of yourself, lelouch!' he snapped at himself. he didn't want to seem nervous because then she would suspect that something was up. he wanted to tell her naturally and not have it forced out awkwardly.

as she sat down next to him, he decided he wanted to get it over with quickly. no need to drag such a simple thing out. hah, simple. far from it, in fact.

"hey, lelouch. what did you need to talk to me about?"

'okay, get a hold of yourself. you can do this. just calm down and tell her. it should be the easiest part. it's only her reaction i need to be worried about.'

"ah, cc, there's something i need to tell you..."

"okay, what is it?" well, she seemed unnaturally calm.

"alright, i'm just going to say it. cc, i-i love you."

silence.

'why isn't she saying anything!?'

"oh, do you now?" she smirked.

'why is she smirking? that's only making me more nervous...'

leaning up to his ear, she whispered, "well, i love you, too."

moving away, she looked up at him and gave him one of her breathtaking smiles.

it felt as if his heart had stopped. "w-what?"

laughing a little, she replied, "i said, i love you, too."

"y-you do? really?"

shaking her head at his astonishment, she leaned over and pressed her lips to his. fighting the oncoming blush, he kissed her back. the second their lips touched, he could tell that she meant what she said.

the kiss was over as soon as it started, but that didn't mean that they didn't pour all of their emotions and love into it.

pulling away, they smiled at each other and stood up. grabbing her hand and holding it in his, they walked off. he knew that she needed him as much as he needed her and they would never need anyone else. that's why, four months later, he proposed to her. of course she said yes and they were planning to have kids after their wedding, which would take place in ten months. they also went on to rule the empire together and they were currently working on bringing peace.

they were meant to be together. after all, she was his witch and he was her warlock.