Chapter 18

When Julie woke the next morning, she noticed that R was already awake, smiling over at her. He had always loved to watch her sleep. Julie grinned back at him and craned her neck slightly, reaching him to kiss him. She stretched over him, letting herself drape over his much larger body. "G'morning!" She smiled at him. They should probably get up, the little couch couldn't be very comfortable for R, nearly half his body stuck over the edge of it! If he weren't already pinning her between his legs that is, his knees pushed up slightly to help brace them on the couch. Julie couldn't bring herself to get off him though, he was so warm and wonderful.

"Beautiful morning," R answered back, smiling very affectionately.

"Cheeseball," Julie shook her head in amusement, laughing when R gave her a tiny shrug, a familiar little smile playing on his lips. Julie picked her head up where it had been resting on his broadening chest and caressed a little mark, an old healed wound. Was this the one her father gave him? It didn't look like a bullet wound though, more like a knife mark. She had to wonder how many times he almost 'died' when he had been a zombie.

R watched her trace tiny faded scars on his chest before focusing her eyes on his injured shoulder. She glanced up at him, as if asking if he were alright, if what they did that night didn't put a strain on him. R shook his head and pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her and nuzzling her neck. He pressed her a little closer to him, laying a soft kiss on her cheek, using one hand to stroke her soft face delicately.

As his other hand began to leisurely trace her hips, following now familiar paths, Julie remembered something important. His other hand slipped over her now, joining the other. What was she thinking about? She wondered distractedly, feeling her breath shorten. "Wait..." she whispered, remembering what that important thing was. R's hands stilled immediately, waiting patiently. "We ran out of..." Julie didn't need to finish, his surprised and crestfallen look told her he knew. Julie laughed and kissed his cheek. "Don't worry, we can get more..." she laughed again when his eyes lit up. "You're insatiable," she chuckled.

"So are you... it's not just my fault we ran out so quickly..." R blushed, giving her a tiny shrug.

"That's true," Julie all but giggled. She went to pull away but strong arms encircled her waist, bringing her back flush against him. "So are you going let me get up?" Julie asked in amusement.

"No..." R trailed off with a smile of his own.

"It might be beneficial to you, besides, I dunno about you but I'm starved..." Julie's brow rose. "You gunna feed a girl, or what?"

"I don't have a whole lot," R mentioned, letting her go reluctantly.

"That's okay. Be right back." R watched Julie slide off him and disappear into the bathroom. He heard the shower and had to try very hard not to follow her in. Instead, he got up and went into his bedroom. From all the 'exercise' last night, he wasn't exactly clean, so he didn't want to put on fresh clothes before taking a shower himself, and yet he also didn't want to walk around his apartment in his 'bare-essentials'. What was a former undead corpse to do? Grabbing a towel, he wrapped it around his hips, figuring he had just enough of them and could just put this one in the wash too with his clothes. What did it matter, right?

He didn't have a TV to watch while he waited, and didn't want to get frustrated trying to read a book, so he went over to his record player and put on some music. The smooth and classy voice of Frank Sinatra filled the room. He went back into the living room and lounged on the couch. Funny how he hadn't ever used this old piece of cloth and mothballs before, and now it was one of the best spots in his apartment. Probably because of the very pleasant memories it now held.